If ARs/AKs are banned, what will you arm yourself with?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Landmonster, Dec 22, 2012.

1. You're assuming the next proposed ban, will be like the last one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Fixed your post for you.

3. Not that it would happen, but I'd get a .338 lapua or a .308 sniper rifle with great optics.

When it's time to hide the EBRs, it's time to use them.

4. I like a ton of others hypothetically of course would just keep my AR's and AK's. If I had to pick out of the non banned guns at the time it would be between a Mini 30 or mini 14 that I will buy, then augment that with the Mossberg 590 marinkote that I already have.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

Very nice.

6. Calvis

Moss pump, Marlin '94C, my Glock 40s....under your hypothetical

7. GLOCK2130

GLOCK2130 Member

I will not legitimize an illegal or immoral law period , quite frankly I am saddened at some of the answers I've seen here . If they come to Illegaly confinscate your arms in violation of the constitution it is your duty and obligation to refuse,

#67 GLOCK2130, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  8. Thanks for getting the tread closed dum****

:upeyes:

9. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

Just for the hypothetical... I'd have to go with my Mossberg M590a1 for home defense (same job it has now - 9 rounds of 00 buck will take care of just about ANY home defense problems short of an entire platoon).

For an offensive battle rifle/hunting rifle/all around rifle, I'd go for a M1 Garand that I'd "ruin" with a really nice modern optic, maybe a new barrel, and that'd be that. It'd be more accurate than I'd ever need, and I'd wager that with a Garand and 1 extra clip I'd be able to inflict about as much damage as twice that number of rounds from an AR, and from a longer distance.

The previous generation of battle rifles were called battle rifles for a reason...

10. +1 I have much love for my 12 gauge 870P.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Where have you been? More than 60% of Americans aren't doing anything with many of President's EOs, Obamacare, Fast n furious, eric? If they allowed those to happen then I won't be surprised if the US Govt will take our gun rights away. It is building to that point.

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Why did ya edit it.........? :tongueout:

13. I have always really liked those. Seem like a handy rifle for someone with a ranch/property and likes the traditional style.

#73 bmoore, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  14. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache
    Millennium Member

When my evil guns are outlawed I will become an outlaw!

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I mentioned a pump shotgun or semi auto shotgun way back because I am cool like that.:whistling:

16. mc1911

A buddy of mine works for a PD that was issued the pump .223s.

He said the officers did not like them. I told him they were not tacticool enough. Another officer said they were accurate and reliable but they wanted ARs.

17. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

If it is issued (free) and it worked, I could care less what it looks like. Heck, give me a lever gun for all I care. I think those lever guns look way cooler than an AR anyway. Too many tactidweebs and operaturds ruined the whole AR thing anyway.

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The truth is, spraying and praying is fun, but not that useful. If you can't use a pump as fast as a semi-auto, you aren't using the semi-auto right to begin with.

19. They can ban all they want to. They aren't getting my stuff until I'm dead and gone. That's just how it is.

20. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My Colt 6920

[​IMG]