If ARs/AKs are banned, what will you arm yourself with?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Landmonster, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I'm playing the devil's advocate.

Let's say a new AWB passes, which prohibits the ownership of ARs, AKs, and semi-auto military-style rifles with pistol grips and/or magazines over 10 rounds. From this point forward, you cannot buy/sell/own any of these rifles.

What kind of weapon would you use in it's place?

The most lethal thing that comes to my mind is like a Ruger Scout Rifle. Is there maybe a better choice?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Landmonster, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    ARs/AKs flying off the shelves... Political Issues Apr 25, 2012
    I have been shown as banned the last two weeks General how-To Help Forum Jul 25, 2015
    Obama: "Mass murders don't happen where guns are banned" Yet only 48 hours later... The Okie Corral Jun 20, 2015
    Feds Say That Banned Researcher Commandeered a Plane Political Issues May 17, 2015
    Why Tipping Should Be Banned - Adam Ruins Everything The Okie Corral Apr 30, 2015

3. Mini 14 or M1 Carbine.

4. EODLRD

EODLRD AF Veteran

Ruger Mini 14 & mini 30.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

5. Springfield M1A

6. Of what I have, M-1 carbine , SKS, Mini 14, Mini 30.

7. Don't you think all those guns would be banned under the AWB terms??

8. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

9. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

M1903A2 and M1 Garand with bayonet!! I'll tell AWB folks how we won WW1 and WW2!!! Maybe I'll wrap the barrels with bacon for the better taste! Muhahaha!

10. Lots of options, pump action, lever action, semi auto with a fixed mag like the M1 Garand.

11. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

I would go to my Springfield M1A under the circumstances you have provided and use 10 round mags in it.

12. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

Your question makes the false assumption that people will comply with a ban.

13. ...and that any such ban would make it illegal to own one that was bought before the ban.

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

So no detachable mag semi-auto rifles? I'd take the money the government gives me for taking them and buy something like the Ruger Scout and a good lever action or two - pump shotguns are also very high on the list. How about those pump .223 rifles Ruger had a while back?

15. This is a theoretical question, and a hypothetical ban could state anything it wants. I put nothing past this outrageous government.

16. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

will likely require registration as proof like they did in kali. and that's the 1st step in confiscation

17. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Calm down people.

If this were to take place I have a stash of sharpened sticks and throwing rocks.

Jeeeze!

18. What, no one has recommended a 12 gauge pump yet?? There are some that think that rules NOW, even before a assault rifle ban.

#18 cowboy1964, Dec 22, 2012
  19. I doubt any significant legislation will get passed (for a variety of political & statistical reasons), but if any legislation looks as if it will pass & ostensibly ban the purchase of ARs and/or AKs (subject to judicial challenges), I'll make it a point of principle to purchase one of these immediately (it only has a 1o round magazine, too!):

[​IMG]

20. rootbrain

rootbrain Mayan Priest

If they outlaw my AR with pistol grip, I'll just remove the pistol grip. Pistol grips are "cool factor" but accuracy suffers with 'em anyway. Then I'm legal and more deadly.:cool: Talking about the front vertical BTW. Now what to do about the rear grip???

#20 rootbrain, Dec 22, 2012