close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

IE Issue

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by NMPD506, Oct 28, 2008.

1. I hope you guys are smarter than me on this:

Bought my wife a new laptop about a month ago (Dell Inspiron(?) 1500 series)

It has Vista Home installed - All seems to be OK w/ that.

However, when she is on the net (Interent Explorer) she can not click the down arrow on the address bar to look at/jump to recently visited sites. When she clicks it, it pops up an error and shuts down I.E. It has done this from day one - out of the box. If you free type the address - no problems. Only when you click the down arrow on the right side of the address bar does this occur.

Any ideas? I am pretty sure that the service pack 1 is already installed - I'm stumped and really don't want to call Dell and decifer/translate whatever language customer service is speaking.

Thanks!

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Thats weird... Is Windows Update showing any critical updates waiting to be installed? Thats the one thing I hate about IE, and how tightly integrated into the OS it is, if there's a problem, its gonna be a major problem.

I'd just install Firefox, and be done with it. Its a safer browser than Internet Exploder anyways.

http://www.mozilla.com

3. You can uninstall IE then redownload it from microsoft, it sounds like something is missing from within the software. Or, as I do sometimes, I have a U3 enabled smart drive that has mozilla firefox and thunderbird on it. Sometimes my security settings prevent me from being able to download bank statements so I need firefox.

4. ppcrusa

ppcrusa

Dec 13, 2002
    Forget IE.. try Mozilla Firefox. Problem solved