IDPA for newbies

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by tagaykoyan, Jul 20, 2007.

1. does anyone know of any "practical shooting for dummies" beginner courses, preferably IDPA? sa armscor meron daw?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. If you have shot IPSC, IDPA should not be a problem.

3. haven't done both chief. haven't tried any funshoots either, just pure plinking. parang sayang lang ammo pag plinking lang

4. If anyone of us are armscor gun club members, we can have stages made for our selves doing IDPA style shooting. We can have a match of our own and winner buys the softdrinks after.

Went to the range today but no BOG showed up for practice, ended up doing my own stuff.

5. +1 sir jimbullet. i suggest though that the loser buys the softdrinks instead. or the beer..

6. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

today? what time?

i was there till 1pm.

7. Huh? I was there 9:30am to 11am shooting. I didnt see you there, ran out of ammo and left na.

8. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

i was there too 10-1pm together with some PG members we occupied the 1st (shotgun), 2nd (pistol), 4th (pistol cqb) and 50m (rifle) range bays

9. So you were one of those on the rifle range with the AK and the ARs...

10. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

11. I didnt notice what bay but it was near those guys that had the shirts pinoyguns on them and near those that still had stages from the bolocup match.

12. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

that's weird, bro.

i was with the pinoyguns boys.

13. WHOAH!!!!!! i never knew there would be a filipino fourm like this..and i have been a member of Smith&wessonforum, thefiringline forum and thehighroadfoum.

[does anyone know of any "practical shooting for dummies" beginner courses, preferably IDPA? sa armscor meron daw?]

Being a member since last July, 06, i could say that Yep! there is.

just look for Gina at Armscor Marikina. I was told that there is a certain IDPA trainer which holds saturday&Sunday classes but only to a group of no more than 6? 7? the number im not really sure of. Most members are businessmen, lawyers, etc.

Let me know if your in. I sure would like to train also.

[Originally posted by jimbullet
    If anyone of us are armscor gun club members, we can have stages made for our selves doing IDPA style shooting. We can have a match of our own and winner buys the softdrinks after.]

Aside from the "every-now&then" set ups for IPSC/IDPA etc courses, you can actually have a course done using ready made ones that were just used the previous weeks or days.

I suggest that you keep track of the days where IPSC/IDPA etc shoot fest are held, then have them (range officers) reserve the mock-ups for your scheduled day shoot. If i'm not mistaken, it costs around Php200 only to have them set it up.

Hope this helps!

Happy & safe Shooting to All!

14. Most IPSC shooters (like me) committed mistakes when shooting IDPA. They were doing the speed reload instead of tactical reload most of the time, and they shoot the target boards without covering their bodies...:supergrin:

15. :)
    who won the match?

16. guys if u plan to shoot IDPA pls let me know :) i want to try IDPA wala lng ako kasama hehehehehe

17. i just called gina paras of armscor marikina. they're offering IDPA courses. one-day seminar costs 1 thou. this includes 50 rounds ammo. mr. sajot or major tuliao ang instructors.

however, minimum ten participants required. anybody interested?

18. di ba medyo mataas yung price for a seminar? :)

19. kaw naman, fafa, tinatanong pa ba yun...
    :supergrin:

20. :supergrin: