close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IDPA at CFRPC Orlando

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by njl, May 2, 2009.

1. njl

njl
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking about trying IDPA. I see there's a match tomorrow morning at CFRPC. Anyone else planning to be there?

I've shot GSSF, a few USPSA, and some informal local matches. What should I expect for an IDPA match?

2. rich52us

rich52us
    Expand Collapse

The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters. It was founded in 1996 as a response to the desires of shooters worldwide. The organization now boasts membership of more than 13,500, including members in 36 foreign countries.

http://www.idpa.com/

I belong to TSSA and shoot IDPA at Markham Park in Sunrise, Broward Co. It's great practise and fun. Saftey is paramount. You shoot stages set up to simulate possible real-life situations.

3. FlaChef

FlaChef
    Expand Collapse
    Steyroid

If you've shot USPSA then the biggest difference is IDPA shoot on Sundays and USPSA shoots on Saturday. :headscratch:

a littel slower, shorter stages and concealment gear. Same concept, different flavors.
    It is not super tactical uber training, but it sure beats the heck out of siting on a static firing line shooting at the same unmoving paper target repeatedly. Good bunch of people too (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions come to mind;) )

I'd say come on out! i am usually out there, but i don't know about tomorrow if I will make it (my knee has been bad this week).

#3 FlaChef, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  4. Japle

Japle
    Expand Collapse
    John, Viera, Fl

I've shot IDPA there several times. Well run range and fun matches.

John

5. SASS20485

SASS20485
    Expand Collapse

Glad I went and tried it, enjoyed the match & the people. I also shot the IDPA match in Titusville this past weekend, another great match.