close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

ID this military clothing

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Cochese, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Anyone?

Found in the possession of a felon. No patches other than the nametape.

Army ACU coat in UCP?

Help please. I'm not military...

[​IMG]

2. Widely available on the surplus market.

Lately, I've been seeing folks buying this stuff, wearing it and then claiming they are vets in an effort to get out of something. Like PTSD.

3. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  4. LilCop2002

LilCop2002

Jul 13, 2005
    Cochese, While this has already been answered for you, most DoD uniforms have a label on the inside of the article of clothing that will tell you exactly what it is and who manufactured it.

5. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Yeah, its the wife's case. I told her to look for a tag and she ignored me.

:rofl:

6. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    I bought a pair of acu pants online.
    I had a prior service Airborne guy approach me on Bourbon St last St Patricks day. He was a initially irate thinking I was an Army poser but settled down after we discussed my prior service. Im a woodland and 7 color desert bdu soldier.
    I havent worn the acu pants since.

7. It is called a coat. Its Army issue and worn over a tee-shirt and under a jacket. Its the regular state side uniform in whats known ACU (Army Combat Uniform). UCP is the color pattern and if Mil issued will be a 50/50 cotton nylon blend (or nomex in some cases with a set green square on set area's). The left shoulder will be the major command they serve under and the right side can be a US flag and combat patch for a unit they served with. The soldiers name should be on the right chest with U.S. ARMY on the left chest.

8. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    It was called a blouse in the pre acu days. Im glad they changed that.
    The pants were called trousers. I forgot that.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  9. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    They are easy to buy from Proper online. I use them for hunting.

10. metal

metal

Jul 26, 2004
    Not quite Detroit
    Is it illegal for a felon to be in possession of one? (just curious)
    I thought current uniforms aren't supposed to be sold anymore but if it doesn't have all the 'stuff' is it still a uniform?

11. FWIW there is a patch on the shoulder area that I see in the picture...

12. USAF96815

USAF96815

Apr 26, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Nope......

Ranger Joe's, US Cav, and a host of other places sell real deal uniforms online/catalogs. Plus, you can go to any Army Surplus store and get the new stuff as well.

13. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Here is more guys...

Cav, thanks for the information.

So accordingly, Spc. Brown of the 25th Infantry Division, with service in the 3rd Infantry Division out of Fort Stewart, got his coat stolen by this guy?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    It is technically illegal for someone not in the U.S. Army to wear an identifiable portion of a uniform: no U.S. Army name tapes, no rank insignia, no unit insignia. The jacket with only the nametape showing is acceptable for wear.

Back in my time, it was considered unacceptable to wear utilities as casual wear for any reason. They were only to be worn by those earning the privilege and then retired when service was ended. Then again, a Marine being called a Devil Dog is now an insult, when it was a badge of honor in my day.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  15. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    How is that an insult now. My son who graduates SOI on Friday confirmed its an old school term for Marines. Not so much used these days but still respectful.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Partially right. Wartime service with the 25th Infantry Division, current assignment of the 3rd Infantry Division (mostly out of Fort Stewart, but with a battalion at Ft. Benning).

17. Gawd. I remember pickle suits from my USAF days . . .