close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I'd like to see the report on this incident...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by w01, Jun 2, 2011.

1. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Not the same thing but I remember SFPD went on a tiger hunt a few years back when it got loose from it's cage after killing one of the mopes that antagonized it.

2. Well, I hope the responding LEOs co-workers took that gator back to their HQ and put it in a place of honor, for all to see. :whistling:

3. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    I guess post there didn't require them to rope and tie a live gator like we had to.

Ahole game warden said he was bringing a small gator, showed up with an 81/2 foot one. and it was pissed off when it got there.

The gator charged TWICE as the game warden was informing us how gators usually don't charge.

I was the one that got to walk up beside it after it was roped and hold it's mouth closed while someone else taped it shut.

4. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    That's awesome!

5. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    Dear Chief,

No one was more surprised than I, when...

6. Didn't Mas Ayoob once do an article (the focus of the article was on the .38) about how a NYPD(?) officer had to shoot a polar bear?

7. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Yep.

The late Lt. Frank McGee, head of the Firearms and Tactics Unit at Rodman's Neck, kept an 8X10 glossy of the deceased polar bear in his desk. When a member of the service would ask, "Loo, why can't we have bigger guns or better ammo?" Frank liked to pull out the photo and say, "You kiddin' me? The stuff we issue kills polar bears with one shot!"

8. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Aug 29, 2005
    North Georgia
    It would make a great Stewie Award.....:rofl:

9. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    That is a small gator...wimps. :tongueout:

10. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Sep 11, 2009

Thats awesome! And it would be hard to argue with him as well!

11. Looks like he was reaching his target audience...:rofl:

12. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    After about 6 feet I would stop trying to redneck engineer a way to catch them and just shoot them..

Plenty of times I went 10-8 with a 10-15 gator headed to the C24 canal.....

13. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I reckon they hadn't seen a live one before? LOL!:rofl:

14. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    I wonder how many charges they'd throw at a non LEO that did this.

reckless endangerment, discharge of firearm in city limits.... what else?

15. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    None of the above if as in this case a conservation agent told them to shoot it.

I do however question why these officers did not make contact with the property owner first.

16. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Totality of the circumstances. There seems to be a presumption that every time a cop does something that is reported in a manner that makes it sound like they were stupid, that they were also reckless. At least such a presumption seems to exist in the civilian ("cops ARE civilians"...we know, save it) firearms owning populace, or segments of it anyway.

Recklessness requires probing a wanton and willful disregard for the safety of others, which is a fairly high standard. Most discharging a firearm statutes include an exemption for law enforcement and/or an exemption for times when the discharge is lawful for defensive purposes.

Maybe the department is hiring and you can join up and teach them a thing or two.

17. Mister_Beefy

Apr 19, 2011
    hmmm good point.

ok, so the police were not being reckless. got it.

you ignore the part where I said NON LEOs. I think if three guys blasted away at a gator in a yard the PD would not be very happy about it, and most likely not just say "knock it off" and let them go.

that's the point I was trying to make.

18. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Here...this will make you feel better when you see there's a few less of the bastards. Probably make you start liking illegal immigrants, too.
    ----------------

Since 2006, there have been six HPD police officers who have been killed or seriously injured by illegal aliens in Houston.

In September of 2006, HPD officer Rodney Johnson was shot by Juan Leonardo Quintero, an illegal immigrant from Mexico who had already been deported after being charged with indecency of a child. During the arrest, Quintero shot Johnson in the head. Officer Johnson left behind a wife and five children.

In June of 2008, Officer Gary Gryder was struck and killed by a drunk driver while directing traffic. The driver, Hung Troung, an illegal immigrant, was charged with manslaughter.

In March 2009, Houston Police Officer Rick Salter was shot in the face by an illegal immigrant from El Savador named Wilfredo Alfaro. Alfaro had been arrested 3 times before the incident and ordered out of the US. Salter remains seriously injured from the incident.

In June 2009 Undercover HPD officer Henry Canales was investigating a case of stolen TVs in Houston and encountered Roberto Pedroza Carrillo an illegal immigrant from Mexico who shot and killed him. Three additional suspects were also identified as illegal immigrants during the incident. Officer Henry Canales left behind a wife and two teenage children.

On Sunday morning, Houston Police Officer Kevin Will was making a routine traffic stop. During the stop, drunk driver Johoan Rodriguez headed toward Officer Will and the traffic stop suspect who were standing on the side of the road. Officer Will shoved his suspect out of the way and was credited with saving his life. Rodriguez, an illegal immigrant from Mexico had been deported twice before. Officer Will leaves behind two small children and a wife who is 7 months pregnant.

In addition to the five officers killed, HPD undercover officer Nash Patel was shot twice during a drug raid in Houston. The raid was in response to increase violence in Houston by Mexican drug cartels. A week prior to Patel’s shooting, a federal agent had been killed in Houston.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  19. Mister_Beefy

Apr 19, 2011

this thread was about cops and gators in Missouri.

I don't know what you're babbling about.