close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Id like some help from the experts...

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by shane.rawlings, Apr 15, 2011.

1. shane.rawlings

shane.rawlings

Sep 6, 2009
    Im trying to decide between comp or carry sevigny sights (plain black) for my G34,

this isnt the standard speed vs accuracy question but its along those lines...

carry are cheaper and have the same rear sight picture...
    ive been told the wider front sight is slower but more accurate up close but faster and less accurate at 25 yrds...

comp are $20 more expensive, faster up close but less accurate, slower at 25 yrds but more accurate... they are also the "sight of choice" for the glock team... though im not sure how much that factors in to it...

im trying to avoid buying 2 front sights and fyi this will be a comp only gun, i am an experianced shooter but only have 1 idpa style shoot under my belt, but that was enough to know i need new sights...

thanks for your help

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    What happened that made you feel that you need new sights? (no, I,m not trying to be a smart ash)

3. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    Out of the two, I'd go with the comps.

I think you should check out Ameriglo's DeFoor sights. Same sight picture, cheaper.

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
  5. shane.rawlings

shane.rawlings

Sep 6, 2009
    i just dont like the low dot box sights... not sure y

6. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    More good things about the DeFoors: The rear sight is much better for cocking the slide one-handed, the slanted sides of the rear sight allow a better view of the target when shooting and I personally prefer the lower profile of the Ameriglos.

7. shane.rawlings

shane.rawlings

Sep 6, 2009
    this is kind of a wide front vs narrow front question i guess

8. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I think the Glock front is .150", rear .135" or so.

DeFoor/Sevigny is .115" front, .150" rear.

9. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    I have the comp's on my G 21SF, and I compete with it. I find them accurate and fast to aquire if needed. Up close, I point shoot. Good luck with your decision.