close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I wish Ruger, Beretta, S&W, Glock and others would stop selling to NY, etc

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by opto_isolator, Feb 16, 2013.

1. opto_isolator

opto_isolator Extinct GOP

Aug 2, 2006
    Orlando
    I get it they're in business to make money. But if all of the large manufacturers banded together, some of this silliness may go away. Refuse to sell to ANYONE in these states that are coming up with these atrocious magazine bills. That may get them rethinking their bad laws.

2. Revvv

Revvv

Jan 28, 2010

3. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I was thinking the same thing.

ooc

4. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    Would anything make you rethink your core beliefs? I think it would take more than that, although I sympathize with the thought.

5. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
  6. ojabog

ojabog

Oct 5, 2011
    Stop selling to the LE and state agencies in New York. That would cause quite a stir. Imagine the Troopers protecting Emperor Cuomo carrying Taurus guns, no offense to Taurus.

7. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    Well glock only has one model with less then 7 rds anyway.lol

They should refuse the sale to LE. FBI though, that would make a statement!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  8. Sdk8103

Sdk8103

Feb 12, 2013
    North Carolina
    His dad is one of the reasons we moved from NY 19 years ago, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

9. And I want it :)

10. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Dec 22, 2002
    Somewhere in Oregon
    The idea of Glock crossing their preferred governmental customers borders on the absurd.

Gaston knows very well from his youth experiences how to "just follow orders," wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

11. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    Google Olympic Arms and NY. They basically told NY that they won't be doing any business with any city, county, or state agencies, until they rethink their new gun control laws. Maybe the others will follow the little guys lead.

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    It seems to me the American owned companies are much more likely to follow Olympic and others doing this already. I doubt the Euro owned companies could care less about the principal of the issue. They have few to no rights in their own country regarding firearms so why would they care about our rights from a moral standpoint like American companies might.

13. Run&Shoot

Run&Shoot

Sep 1, 2006
    Oregon
    As I stated in another thread here, I plan to sell my entire Glock "armory" and buy all new S&W if both companies keep on current trajectories. I will loose a few thousand bucks but this **** has to stop. My vote doesn't seem to count so I'll try using my wallet, before transacting in lead with the bastards.

14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    How's that? They should sell or service or provide parts or ammo to their LE agencies. That's how you make a statement IMO.

15. AtlantaR6

AtlantaR6

Jul 29, 2004
    Glock has one firearm they can legally sell in NY. Regardless of their political beliefs they have a business to run.

16. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Oh no doubt, I just don't seem them taking a stand against NY based on a moral issue like some American companies. Simply because they are not an American company.

17. Redheadhunter21

Redheadhunter21

May 6, 2012
    Miami
    I wouldn't blame Glock for not changing a thing. There not american based and don't really have a dog in the fight. Now all american gun makers should band together to stop this but, we will see.

18. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Oct 12, 1999
    Parts Unknown
    Or Makarovs

19. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Oct 12, 1999
    Parts Unknown
    Do you really think S&W would stop selling to LEO agencies in Marxist-controlled cities and states? Heck no they won't. All my shotguns and rifles are Remingtons since in the category of hunting, they are excellent. I thought about moving to the M&P but they are inferior to Glock. In did the research interviewing people who actually carry a handgun daily. The stainless slides on the M&P lose finish after about 10 holster presentations and they rust. The trigger reset is spongy. The take down lever design is sketchy and you have to hold it down during reassembly. The service M&P's I saw had pitted rust on the barrel.

I am not knocking any M&P people here. I am sure you have had good results. I know Glocks have issues too but this is a Glock forum. I would never post this reply on the S&W forum.

I laud manufacturers who leave states or make a stand. We on the other hand do not nee to attack firearms companies since this is exactly what our President and Democrats are all about: Divide and Conquer.

I will say this: If we the people are debarred the use of high capacity mags and assault style rifles then Military and Police should be barred from using too. This is why America is different. It's we the people not a select few.

20. donmor53

donmor53

Jan 4, 2013
    As much as I would like to see this happen...this effort would never succeed long term. Someone will always be willing to sell to them...

A boycott of any manufacturer would simply narrow the competition for the hungrier, shorter sighted/politically motivated suppliers.

Capitalism and oportunism...plain and simple.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013