close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I wish I was a liberal

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Tim151515, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Life would be so much easier if the mainstream media pushed my agenda, and it was looked at upon by the masses(sheep) as unbiased and objective, while the media that showed the opposing viewpoint was considered prejudiced and full of hate.

Especially at my age, man I tell ya. With some of the crap I have to read and watch and listen to, you got to have some pretty thick skin this day in age to be conservative.

Most of it just makes me :rofl:but some of it makes me :steamed:. Especially when I know the people that spew most of it will never have to answer for it.

2. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Well, you certainly know all the right-wing buzzwords.

3. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

So I guess its just my imagination that a high majority of the people I know in my age group(that werent in the military anyways) look at MSNBC as unbiased, bill maher as a partiot that speaks the objective truth, chic fil a as a hate organization, NRA as a hate group, george w as the anti christ, and obama as the greatest president ever?

eta but if by "using right wing buzzwords" you mean Im not towing the line, then yes. That is correct 100%. And for clarification, I am not some FOX news watching sheep. I have beliefs that fall on both sides, left and right, but I don't think anyone can deny the way anything and everything conservative is portreyed in the media, from everything from hollywood to your standard comedy tv shows to the news.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  4. Kevin108

Kevin108 file_id.diz

Send your kids to a private Christian school and they'll have all conservative friends when they grow up. At least, that's how it worked for me. My primary circle isn't particularly political but just outside of them, everybody is. In fact, only one was behind Obama in 08 and I think the stinging clarity of nothing Obama campaigned on has come to be, he's leaning more towards his Christian roots.

5. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

You can be !

Get a lobotomy ! ....

:supergrin:

6. dereklord

dereklord

7. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

Beat me to it. :rofl:

8. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

I'm pretty conservative on the bulk of issues, but this quote has to encapsulate the major problem with the right.

Assuming that the road to Conservativism is paved by Christianity is just flat out dumb as hell. Conservativism, and Republicanism was just fine before it was hijacked by the holy rollers and the religious right. Fiscal conservatism, and staunch patriotism doesn't require a religious connotation.

I'm sure you're one of those guys who defines your political party by its stance on homosexuality and abortion... Epic fail.

I define my politics by the literal interpretation of the Constitution, the protection of our borders and the USA as a whole and fiscal responsibility.... Understand the difference??:whistling:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  9. Restless28

Restless28

Disagree,

10. Restless28

Restless28

That's a pretty harsh retort to Kevin.

Morals are important, and they seem to me that they are founded from Christianity.

And no, I'm no "holy roller". I am just seeing things differently as I age.

11. JW1178

JW1178

The world is round, and the extremes of right and left touch together on the bottom end and are much the same.

12. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Gee, I guess your forgetting about ObamaCare and Iraq.

13. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

That's what Liberials do when they decide to become right-wing nutjobs.

Of course, after getting a lobotomy they move into their Mom's basement, join gun forums and some even start blogs!

14. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

Again this is the mixed up religious right speaks..

For the record, I'm Jewish, and we were doing "the old testament and moral thing" well before Christianity was on the scene... :whistling:

Therefore your "morals are founded in Christianity" speculation is quite off. :upeyes:

15. Kevin108

Kevin108 file_id.diz

You took my simple story of how myself and my friends turned out and what our background was and wrapped it around your own axle of not knowing anything else about us. Really, I think you agree with me more than disagree but you lose 10 internets for jumping to conclusions.

Personally, I don't assume the road to conservatism is paved by Christianity. Over the years, there's been far more religious whackos than extreme leftists. The religious right is something I, as a Libertarian - NOT a Republican, want nothing to do with. My political awakening came after buying my first Glock and realizing how badly so many people wanted to take it away. To generalize, the right supports guns rights and the left supports gun control. That made for an easy decision.

As a whole, really only the left-leaning guy still goes to church. The rest of us have our time with God in our own way. How does that fit your rant?

Liberty is freedom - to choose your God, your partner, your career, etc. As long as it doesn't restrict my rights or endanger my health and safety, you, as an adult, should be able to do whatever you want.

We're eye to eye on needing only a Constitutional government. :thumbsup:

16. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

I take back what I said earlier ...

Based on your second post I agree with you, that more than likely we agree on quite a bit. Thank you for taking the time to clear me up on it.

:cheers:

17. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

You have a point, in that people should not automatically assume all conservatives are Christians.

However, that is not what he said. All he said was he sent his kids to a Christian school and it helped build their friend base as conservative.

I think that the atheists among us are so quick to jump at other religions, that they sometimes don't even pay attention to the message.

I also think that the Republican Party has been making a big mistake when they don't try to include the atheists among us.

I also think that liberalism is one of the most vile and mean-spirited religions in existence today.

18. dango

dango

I don't think you handle all the insults , name calling , etc. . Just be open minded and screw what people say .

Our country has been divided and I personally don't like it .