I want more flavor choices in 10MM Auto

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TheGrimReaper, Feb 2, 2013.

1. the thing is, it doesn't really out do a 357 and only matches lower 41 mag.

I had fun with my 610. But honestly the 10mm makes more sense in a semi-auto.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

sti has the perfect 10 out already.

However, I've been told over Christmas holidays by a family member who works there, that they'll release a single stack 10mm within the next 12 months.

3. Well, for the price I should hope so.
  4. More flavor would be good. I just don't want a 1911 style anything.

I was at a open house show at one of my LGS. Was really fun. The Smith rep said no M&P 10mm's. I expressed to him how bad that sucked as flocks were buying G29's and 20's at the time and receiving a Glock hat. Was hard for him to keep a straight face at that point. But I did get a M&P hat and cozy for my trouble. :)

But make no mistake. The 10mm is growing in popularity. All of my LGS keep 10mm's in stock when they can get them and they move fast. Retail ammo is also becoming more common. I'm starting to run into people at my range with a big **** eating grin on there face's after shooting there 10mm.

Will the 10mm ever be as popular as 9mm's? No! But right now it is more popular that a .41mag. :)
  5. ...which isn't saying much.
  6. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Yeah, most people have never heard of 41 Mag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  7. Which in itself is a shame. A properly loaded 41 mag is neat. shoot flatter than a 44 mag. But it is a niche gun.

Everyone wants a single stack 45 acp. I would like a single stack compact 10mm. Like a skinny single stack 29
  8. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Commie. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  9. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

You are absolutely correct, about all it does is look cool.

10. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

i'd buy one
  11. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Me too but for the price you could pick up a real custom. :upeyes:
  12. Yeah, the semi-custom 1911s are all starting to get quite expensive.
  13. So true!
  14. I'm friends with a local LEO. He's the head of their entry team. He has all the best toys including a HK MP 5/10 full auto. Something us common mortals will never get our hands on.
  15. The first thing is to dispel this internet myth that 10mm has too much recoil (and that entire FBI fairy tale). My G20 has no more kick than my buddy's 9mm Baretta because the G20's design absorbs much of the recoil.

Oddly, it's baby brother (.40 S&W) took over and is leaving its big brother in the dust. I own both, I prefer my 10mm.
  16. People that have not heard of the .41 mag have been living under a rock,,,, period. It's a fantastic round!
  17. I own 41 mags and agree its a great round. However the 10mm is more popular.
  18. Most people who own a handgun, especially a revolver have heard of it. It makes sense to me but I really want a seven chamber 610 I can ream to 10mm Mag. 4" barrel, 200's @ 1,500 - perfect woods gun.
  19. I really like your Ruger, I'd never sell it and I'm sure you won't.
  20. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Everything has a price:whistling: