close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I urgently need a toilet...

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Bolster, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    ...seriously! I want to take my young daughter camping for her first time and I know everything will go MUCH better if I pack a toilet. I'd spend up to $100 if I had to, and if it was worth it. Or maybe the less expensive sort is the way to go?

Figure it would do double duty as a handy prep item, too, and when working at remote locations w/o facilities.

Can you make specific style or brand recommendations, or brands or models to avoid?

This one seems to get good reviews on Amazon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sanitation-Equipment-Visa-Potty-Model/dp/B000FBNWYK/ref=pd_sbs_sg_1"]Amazon.com: Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty Model: 268 24 Liter with 2-level Indicators: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VA7VT7M4L.@@AMEPARAM@@41VA7VT7M4L[/ame]

Here's one with high ratings that's cheap

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-Luggable-Portable-Gallon/dp/B000FIAPXO/ref=pd_sbs_sg_17"]Amazon.com: Reliance Products Luggable Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41O9UaiOc2L.@@AMEPARAM@@41O9UaiOc2L[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. R_W

R_W

Nov 8, 2007
    luggable loo (on a 3 gallon bucket for kids). Second bucket to keep TP, spare bags, some sawdust/peatmoss/kittylitter, baby wipes, and hand cleaner.

3. Protus

Protus

Apr 6, 2008
    we used a one or two gallon icing bucket i can recall..one small enough for her not to fall into LOL..... just cut the bottom out..so no cleaning needed.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  4. bdcochran

bdcochran

Sep 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Luggable loo. I bought one a couple of weeks ago.

5. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
    [​IMG]

Seriously. Start her off on the right foot. There are a few things more useless than a woman that can't pee in the woods, but not many. :supergrin:

6. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    Luggable loo it is, then. THanks for the rec's.

So, I assume you throw some cat litter in the bottom of a trash bag, use it for a day or so (3 people), and then bind and toss?

Any need for any of these chemical products? Do they just deoderize, or do they also break the "product" down? And are any of these necessary if you use kitty litter?

7. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
    Yes.

No. You won't have it around long enough for any decomposition to take place.

Search "rocket box" or "groover" for a s#!t ton of information on this style of crapper.

8. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    Excellent thanks. "Groover" from the grooves it leaves on your heinie. LOL.

http://everything2.com/title/Groover

Looks like dry bleach is the ticket. Wow this is an art form for some:

"In his book, Up **** Creek : A Collection of Horrifyingly True Wilderness Toilet Misadventures, author Joe Lindsay describes the Jon-ny Partner and a deluxe groover nicknamed the Millenium Falcon, both of which are made of stainless steel and allow easy access for bag changes..."

9. BR549

BR549 Thread Killer

Jan 18, 2008
    I can hardly believe you people....

I should have known better though....

All you need is a hand shovel,

a rope for a serious #2

and if you really want to speed up #1.... a Lady J...

Seriously???

10. RichJ

RichJ

Jan 26, 2009
    To satisfy the folks in my group who won't just poop in a hole, I got a $5 toilet seat from WM and put it on top of a 5 gallon bucket.

Fill about half way or less with creek water, use, then dump. Easy breezy.

11. Luggable Loo with some bio-bags to keep the squick down.

12. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
    dump in creek, right?:rofl:

13. rwrjr

rwrjr

May 25, 2007
    Northern VA
    I bought the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/TravelJohn-Foldable-Commode-Chair-Olive/dp/B000NVDCQ0/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1341491836&sr=8-10&keywords=camping+toilet"]Amazon.com: TravelJohn Foldable Commode /Chair (Olive Drab): Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31CmbZaCQZL.@@AMEPARAM@@31CmbZaCQZL[/ame].

I'm ok just making a cat hole but if I'm going to get my wife out regularly I'll be toting this along.

I plan on using it without the bags, just a cat hole beneath.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I saw those before, and I laughed so hard... wanted to buy one and put on my truck and just drive around with it. The only bad thing is in L.A., some bums might just take me up on it and use it when I am stopped in traffic and you'll see me driving down the road with a bum taking a dump while hanging on the truck.

15. rwrjr

rwrjr

May 25, 2007
    Northern VA
    Now just how am I supposed to get that visual out of my head?

16. RichJ

RichJ

Jan 26, 2009
    No, of course not.

[​IMG]

17. 98LS-WON

98LS-WON

Dec 20, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    Teach her to sit on a bent e-tool. My girls are 5 and 7 and think it's hilarious to poop in the woods.

18. owl6roll

owl6roll

Sep 9, 2004
    ALABAMA
    Lordy, had I known my wife couldn't pee in the woods, we'd not got married......26 years ago. Not something that ever came up, huummm.

We did go camping, in the middle of the wood, nothing around for miles and I'm sleeping and the wife is out of the tent, earylin the AM. I hear the grunting, and squirming around, just behind the tent, one of those noises you just can't figure out, unless your looking at. I unzip the back window and look out, shes squatted and nothing on, except for her shirt! I asked her what she was doing and she snapped back, I'm trying to pee! Me: why did you take off your clothes? Her: I don't wanna pee on them! When I told her the folks in the other tent might be watching her (she never heard them come in in the early morning hours), that was it, 25 mile drive to go to the potty.:faint:

19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It's more fun to poop in the yard.:whistling: