close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I Took My Chinese Friends Shooting

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by WERA49, Apr 30, 2012.

1. WERA49

WERA49

Jul 26, 2003
    Ohio
    Everyone, I recently took some friends from China shooting. It was their first time to shoot a REAL gun. Before we left for the range, I explained the safety procedures.

My friends had a great time! They are amazed at the freedoms that we have in the U.S. Being around them helps me to realize how much I take for granted. My friends were very polite and excellent listeners. My brother also brought some guns and gave safety instructions.

We started with a Ruger Mk II then progressed to a Sig P225, Ruger Blackhawk, Henry Lever Action .17 HMR, Rock River Arms AR-15, FN-FAL, Barrett M99 .50 BMG and a Armalite AR-50 .50 BMG.

Watch for the muzzle flash of the AR-50 in slow motion at 3:59.

This is the video that I made of the event.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6MrSwep0D8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6MrSwep0D8[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

2. gbhamm2

gbhamm2

Jun 7, 2010
    Kentucky
    Thats great! Its always great to take new people shooting, especially when they are not from America!

3. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    My wife is from china. I took her sister a few years ago. She had a lot of fun. Over spring guest, one of my wife's friends from there came to visit. I took him for the first time too. He had a good time as well.

4. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    i'm in college and when I take some of the exchange students or some of the people who never shot before to the range the reaction I get most often is

I thought only rednecks and the military shoot guns , now I know how much fun it is

the more people we get into the sport, hopefully the less eager people want to ban it

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
  6. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    That is just awesome. I watched the whole thing. I LOVE taking a newbie to the range. To take someone from a country that doesn't have our freedoms would be even more fun, I think. To borrow from the Aussies... "Good on ya, mate!"

Well done!

7. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

I like my Chinese "friends" too......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

j/k......YOU ROCK!!!!!!

TGG

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Good for you for taking them shooting! I hope everyone had a great time!

People, let what these fine foreign people said sink in real good.

It's important to realize how many of us take our gun rights, and all our rights in general for granted. We need to stand strong and keep fighting for our rights and freedoms. Otherwise, we are going to loose them. That keeps getting closer and closer to happening than many of us would like to admit.

We don't want to end up living in a Communist country. Right?

(I would hope everyone would agree anyhow.) :whistling:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  9. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    No, really, you need a bigger scope on that 10/22! :tongueout:

10. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I must say, for first time shooters, they have better range safety practices and range etiquette than some, "Experienced" shooters that I had the displeasure of sharing the range with.

You did great on teaching them the right way!

:wavey:

11. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

THAT will never happen!!!!!:wavey:

Too many of us and too few of them!!!!!

TGG

12. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Maybe if we teach enough of them to shoot they can all get together when they get back to China and overthrow their Evil Government. :supergrin:

13. Wurger

Wurger

Oct 9, 2010
    A couple of years ago I was with my infant daughter at Longwood Gardens near Philly. As we sat in the shade on the lower level of the main building a large group of Chineese milled about and some of them tried to start up a conversation, asking about my daughter. Very nice people. After a while they formed a group out on the grounds and unfurled a banner reading something about Christians (!) During this time there was a serious looking fellow who did not join in the festivities. Mid 40's with a military been there - done that look about him. When the group started to leave a couple of the members started to wander off in another direction. The 'serious' fellow was quick to corral them in and keep them together. It appeared that he was their official minder.

Love living in the US and being a US citizen!

Depending upon the next election of course.......comrade comissar.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  14. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I totally agree but even so, it won't stop them from trying.