close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I thought it was beer, turned out to be Koolaid!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Guyver, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guyver

Guyver No Doubt!

Feb 24, 2006
    Long time member... first time Glock owner…

I've owned and been happy with a Steyr M40-A1 for years... I always missed the availability of accessories/Holsters, but hey... It's a fantastic gun.
    Well, my son turned 22 last weekend. He works hard, but supports a girlfriend and doesn't have a lot of extra cash, so there is no room in his budget for a pistol.
    I'm not sure if the end of the world is coming in December, and I'm pretty sure that zombies aren't going to be breaking down my back door, but I do feel the same civil unrest that everyone else is feeling and I think everyone should be armed and trained.
    What can I say... God put it on my heart to make sure he was, so I gave him my beloved Steyr for his birthday. He has liked the gun since I bought it. I have since received 2 range reports from him… still sounding like a kid at Christmas…lol
    Now, here is where it gets strange.... all of a sudden I get a $600 windfall.... go figure, right?! ...
    Off to the gettin store I go…
    I checked out all the pistols that interested me, and it boiled down to 2, the FNH FNP9 and the Glock 26 Gen4. The Glock just felt like more gun. It was smaller, yet just a little heavier; the barrel is about twice as thick... The weapon just felt right at home in my hand. It was pre-owned with exactly 4 rounds shot through it, for $399.00 :shocked:
    It just screamed take me home... so throw in a box of Winchester Hollow points and a Blackhawk holster, and color me gone. I have never filled out the paperwork so fast.
    Next was a trip to the range, (naturally) … and I'm in love.... the range has targets set up for 50 through 65 yard distances between them, and I'm smacking the 6" metal plates every time, with the semi-auto equivalent of a snub nose... I was astounded.

Impressed does not even begin to explain how I feel about this little Glock. I want.... no... at this point I need to go buy more ammo and smack around some more targets.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. jay-bird

jay-bird goin' broke

May 17, 2011
    Wow. Congratulations. Coming from a Steyr shooter, that's high praise.

I have a Steyr S9-A1. I also have a G26 gen 3. For me the trigger on the Steyr is the best out of ALL polymer-framed small guns. I am slightly more accurate with my S9-A1. But I never carry it. Ever.

Right now as I type this, my G26 is holstered above my back pocket.

3. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    If somebody offered me a million bucks for my G26, I would buy another one as soon as I cashed the check and invest the rest. Welcome to the dark side.

4. truetopath

truetopath

Nov 26, 2011
    NY
    Congrats on the Glock!! Great of you to help your son out too!

5. Guyver

Guyver No Doubt!

Feb 24, 2006
    True that... the Steyr trigger is better, but I have heard good things about aftermarket Glock triggers.... time will tell.

What makes the Steyr trigger better, is it's crisp... with no travel. The glock has some travel or slack to take up before you feel tension on it. once your finger feels resistance however, from that point, the trigger pull is very similar. Check it out for yourself, take your Glock, unload and verify of course, then take up the slack in the trigger pull, and compare it from that point in the pull to the Steyr. You will be pleasantly surprised. Once you practice it, it becomes like second nature and makes for more enjoyable Glocking.

Don't get me wrong, I will have another Steyr, I'm just not in a huge rush at the moment...

It's worth noting that all 3 mags had the +3 magazine extensions on them... I have large hands :whistling:

Thanks...

I'm very much feeling it as well......

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Enjoy your (nearly) new G26. I continue to believe that the G26 is about Glock's best. More than a couple of people here have reported better accuracy with the G26 than with larger versions.

7. larson1122

larson1122

Jan 30, 2012
    Minnesota
    Congrats on the new G26, you got a great deal!

8. jpwalnuthill

jpwalnuthill

Mar 14, 2012
    Walnut Hill Fl
    $399.99 Great deal for fine gun. Congrats

9. Guyver

Guyver No Doubt!

Feb 24, 2006
    thanks guys... apparantly the guy bought it, added the extensions to the magazines, test fired it at the store, then put it in the safe. Some months later, he traded it in on a compensated model.

10. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    Give me your Glock and $20 for the parts & shipping and you'll never say that again. My Glock triggers have very light pulls and break super clean. Polished internals(Dremel & Mother's polish)Polished 3.5lb LW connector, 6lb Wolf trigger spring.

11. Guyver

Guyver No Doubt!

Feb 24, 2006
    I think what he meant was stock trigger pull. The Steyr can be juiced up too. However.... I may take you up on that in the near future if you are serious.

12. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    I've always wanted a steyr. I like the triangle sights. I just hate the lack of aftermarket. Thats why I don't buy off the wall guns anymore. I like to keep it simple stupid. Lifes much easier when you can get the gear you need anytime.

13. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    If I won a drawing at a GSSF match I would probably get a second G26 rather than a 19 or 34. 17L might tempt me, but I would probably just get another G26 and put a red dot on it for fun.

14. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Now if it was Colorado Koolaid technically it's still Beer. SJ 40

15. FTjoe

FTjoe

Apr 3, 2009
    southern maryland
    once you take a sip of the kool-aid, its very difficult to drink something else. soon you'll be looking at another glock model (if you havent already done so), then another and another.........it just never ends!!!! add the GSSF coupon and you're done!!

congrats on the purchase. stop reading and go and shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.