close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I think my LCD backlight has failed (also in GNG)

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by devildog2067, Nov 27, 2005.

1. devildog2067

devildog2067

Apr 20, 2005
    Chicago
    I have a T23 Thinkpad that I absolutely love. Today the screen died on me. The image is still there, just very very faint. If I shine a flashlight on the screen I can see the image, which is why I'm typing this one handed.

Because the image is still there I'm inclined to believe it's the backlight (that, and the fact that I have no idea what an LCD inverter is). Does anyone know where I can find a good tutorial for replacing the backlight? Troubleshooting to ensure that it's the problem first would be an added bonus. I have an old Compaq Presario 7-something that's got overheating problems but has a functional backlight that I may be able to scrounge the parts out of.

Failing that, does anyone know of a nice used Thinkpad for sale? I really don't want to go to another brand; my wife has a Dell I'm not too fond of, but since my employer won't be paying for the next computer (and since, honestly, I don't NEED a laptop--I have a desktop) another new Thinkpad is financially not a possibility.