close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I think my 21 has proven its durability

Discussion in 'Valuable Info' started by bigbore, Nov 21, 2005.

1. instigator

instigator

Sep 22, 2001
    GA
    you're not gonna do this to every gun you have, just to prove that its good enough to carry, are you?

2. shaun748

shaun748

Jul 19, 2005
    california
    Awesome test and posting of it!!

good job.

3. This is the most amazing torture test I have ever seen done to a pistol. I am a new G21 owner and after seeing the hell you have put this gun through, I will never give up my G21;W
    Have you considered duplicating the 10k rounds in one day torture test done on the SIG 220?
    I have no doubt that the G21 would work great, but if you put that SIG through any of the tests you did to that G21, it would fail for sure.
    The G21 rocks!!!~2

4. bigbore

bigbore

Mar 27, 2000
    NW Ohio
    Sure, if you pay for the ammo:cool:

5. buddyRoland

buddyRoland Proud Pop

May 21, 2005
    Dale City, VA
    Try that on any other pistol. Glocks Rock and so does your thread. Very interesting.

6. maomanila

maomanila

Jul 30, 2005
    philippines
    Am sure glad I chose the G21 over the HK UPS.

7. Sly_C

Sly_C Ich liebe Glock

Jan 29, 2005
    NC
    Awesome tests, i'm also a member over at ar15.com and almost fell over in my chair when i saw that you threw that damn thing out the window of a plane! Now what I want you to do is go buy a Glock 23 and do it all over again, so I can feel good about my gun too. :cool:

8. shooter05

shooter05

Jun 6, 2005
    Newark ,Ohio
    Never a doubt but was great reading. I love mine too.

9. edpmedic

edpmedic

Jan 13, 2002
    Long Island NY
    So do you turn it in for Warranty Work now?

10. Excellent thread and testing

I almost cried when I saw the hk usp all messed up and abused. I've loved HKs for show, but Glocks for go.

I have to hurry off for work and didn't get through the whole thread so maybe it was addressed but as far as broken spring cups go...

I carry a g22 for leo work. During the yearly inspection by dept glock armorers, they found the spring cups were cracked. both were being held in by the tension of the spring and whatever else holds them in.

I was freaked cause i didn't know how long they had been like that. i was worried i was carrying a gun that would not fire. the armorer loaded the broken cups up int he gun and we went to the range.

after 46 rounds, all on my belt and in gun, i was satisfied I'd be OK. We had new cups on hand, but i don't worry if they break again.

stay safe

11. bulwaagh

bulwaagh

Apr 27, 2005
    Augusta Co, VA
    Why? Whats broken with it? All the videos I saw shows the gun in proper working order. :)

Ain't broke, why fix it?;c

12. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    This needs to be stickied.

Links to your AR15.co thread were pretty common. You always got those "why would you do that to a perfectly good Glock" type of people, some were even mad that you did that. I always thought it was pretty informative in the box-of-truth type non-scientific testing kind of way.

BTW I love my G21 and will never give it up.

Just look out for those HK freaks trying to say that you set it up so thier gun will fail.

IIRC you also did some testing with a CZ and it faired quite well also. Glocks and CZs rule.

13. Stupid

Stupid

Oct 26, 2005
  14. Meat-Hook

Meat-Hook

Mar 13, 2002
    After seeing all those pics,...I just feel
    even more confident and proud of my Glock 21!

thanks for the pics and thread.

15. November

November

Aug 21, 2004
    I honestly wonder how a Ruger P94, P95 or P97 would hold up to your tests. They're supposed to be pretty tough guns.

16. glocklight

glocklight

Nov 6, 2005
    Rockies
    Absolutely Freaking Amazing! Thank you for verifying that my latest purchase was indeed an excellent choice. I kept hearing about Glocks amazing endurance and now I can say I've seen it. Great job on the tests.