I think my 21 has proven its durability

Discussion in 'Valuable Info' started by bigbore, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Kyle E. Coyote

Kyle E. Coyote Super Genius

Unreal... maybe I should sell that unfired backup G30 collecting dust in the sock drawer. Seeing this I know I'll obviously never need it, AWB 2.0 won't affect it... don't really know what it's there for anymore.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SAG

SAG

Wow.
    What else do you say after reading/watching this?
    My pampered Glocks should be good until about 3009. :wow:

3. MSW

MSW

Mike Purdue -

Great post.

I enjoy reading the thread and I just sort of assume the poster knows enough not to fire a weapon with a muzzle pluged with mud. He seems to have an approach to this and I've enjoyed reading it. This guy looks like he knows what he is doing.

I've got a physics question or two that I should know the answer to but I just can't remember. Maybe you can help.

Take the drop from the airplane example in the thread. Interesting but here are my questions (and, while you answer them, maybe the original poster can come up with some other test)

1. If pistol is dropped from airplane at 500' or 5000', won't it hit ground at same speed? (won't the pistol reach terminal velocity?) Also, how about a quick explination of what terminal velocity is. Don't objects of the same weight hit the ground at the same speed once they reach terminal velocity?

1A. How long or from what height would it be before a G21 reached terminal velocity?

1B. If so, what is the terminal velocity of a G21 when it hits the ground in MPH or FPS.

1C. If dropped from 500' - how long will it take for pistol to hit the ground?

2. What effect does the speed of the plane have on the velocity of the pistol hitting the ground? Does the forward air speed have any effect on how "hard" the pistol hits the ground?

3. I seem to remember that there was a "streamer/marker" attached to the pistol. What effect does this have on slowing the pistol? I seem to remember as a kid shooting Estes rockets that we either used a streamer or a parachute. Any effect having the streamer?

4. Since you're an ME (I'm not) - why do you think some of the parts of the glock (let's say they are all finished the same) are rusting faster than others? I think I know why the spring rusts but why do spots on the pistol rust faster than others?

Hope you can answer some of these. Thanks.

4. Good lord man that pistol has been put through it's paces and it's still comes back for more.

5. I CONCUR WITH TRICK PONY! Though I started shooting approximately half-a-year ago, I've already placed in almost all shoots/competitions I participate in with my Glock 21SF. In fact, I shoot better with the same than my Glock 35 due to various reasons related primarily with gripping. Though I still have to actually win a match and emerge as its champion, contrary to being told that I am at a disadvantage against the 1911s at standard level - the fact that I usually rank amongst the top five and given the fact that I'm but a more-or-less 6 month proves otherwise.

6. amazing. i feel even safer than before. wish i didn't live in the city limits.

7. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

I've been having some issues with my 21sf releasing a full mag with the slide closed, which I hear is a common annoyance. I'm still happy with my purchase and after seeing this, I'll never get rid of it! This was amazing. I can't wait to show my girlfriend this post to show her exactly why I choose to carry Glock! However, does anyone know how to fix the mag release problem?

8. why do you think some of the parts of the glock (let's say they are all finished the same) are rusting faster than others? I think I know why the spring rusts but why do spots on the pistol rust faster than others?

The spots on the slide/barrel that are rusting are the areas that were damaged deep enough to remove the tennifer. The rust inside of the barrel is not rust on the barrel/bore itself - but rust on the build up/fouling.

9. MADnMO

MADnMO Greatest HOPE

I guess I made a good choice in picking my G21.

10. I am new to Glocks and this is 100% absolutely, unbelievably, AWESOME! Wow.

11. I've always had fights with friends about Glocks, so I sent them this link. The G21 is an awesome weapon, I just wish my Dept would go with it in the G21 SF/G30SF combo.

12. That is pretty crazy, and interesting.

13. Bigbore any pics of it after the evapo-rust treatment? The youtube videos seem to have been removed.

14. About the only thing left to do is field strip it and have Rosie O eat it. I'm not sure if you want to break protocol and clean it before firing it afterwards.

15. The G21 is my favorite out of any glock Ive owned. Love reading these torture tests

16. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

Look here, pup.. I own both Glocks and 1911s. I like both of them. Both are excellent weapons for any real world use.. I prefer the Glock for survival use but I doubt you would want to go toe to toe with a 1911 in an expert's hands :whistling:

17. I have just now finished reading all 13 pages of comments on this thread. I am amazed at the Glock design. Regardless of caliber it seems to be the gun to which all others are compared. I have used 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP Glocks. Without exception all ran perfectly. I have never had a single failure with a Glock pistol. My current Glock is a G-22 which from the first round fired has run flawlessly. With 180 gr. ammo POI has always been POA. It is a superlative pistol. If limited to only one handgun, it would be a Glock. I very much appreciate these series to test. I very much appreciate the video provided. My hat is off to Bigbore of Adco Firearms who conducted the time consuming and expensive testing that made this thread possible. Sincerely. Bruce.

18. Pretty macho, though I really can't stomach abusing mine. My brain tells me, "Hey, that's not a fantastic idea. You spent good money on it. be nice."

19. Rick50

Rick50 average guy

wow, they have always claimed to be durable, like a timex take a licken and keep on ticken.
    Some of those photos almost made me cry

thanks
    R

20. Rick50

Rick50 average guy

glock should send you a new one for all your consumer testing.
    thanks for using yours