close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I think my 21 has proven its durability

Discussion in 'Valuable Info' started by bigbore, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Cool, I didnt know you were a fellow Ohioan by the way. :wavey:

2. Berettaboiseboy

Berettaboiseboy

Jul 24, 2008
    this is a fantastic thread and a great test. I bought my 3rd gen. g21 this last summer. I always new glocks are absolute tools that are built for simplicity and reliability, but this thread really makes me feel that much better about owning a 21. thank you again for the testing.

3. mike_purdue

mike_purdue Mikey Mikerton

Feb 8, 2007
    Indiana
    As a mechanical engineer that actually uses math and the laws of physics can I ask you to stop using these words?

You don't know what you're talking about. The laws of physics have names, there are a lot of them. If you are a physicist be specific, if you're not then stop referring to sciences you do not understand.

If the fact that you cannot argue that laws of mathematics is a fact, then why do mathematicians and physicists and engineers constantly CONSTANTLY argue these things?

Further, the modern understanding of basic (Newtonian) mechanics that govern things like dropping guns out of planes after they take off from treadmills has been pretty well understood for only about 300 years (he was born in 1643). The universe has been around for somewhere between 2200 and infinity years depending on your religious beliefs, so we haven't really had the time to "iron everything out" yet.

Anyways, you don't think this guy really did this stuff, or you think that he exaggerated his results. Please leave it at that, and qualify your opinions in a reasonable way, but don't just say "I'm right because of science".

Stop being a troll.

4. B.Mauser

B.Mauser

Oct 11, 2002
    Thornton Colorado
    Thank you bigbore. For coming back and keeping in touch here and for doing this test in the first place.:wavey:

My 17 year old G21 is still going strong.

[​IMG]

5. IV Troop

IV Troop

Jun 19, 2004
    Keep up the good work, er goofing off, er "scientific" tests.

It has been entertaining to follow.

Disregard the clowns.

Carry on! :)

6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001

Wow, that G-21 belongs in a Glock, Inc. display case.

7. Zapfenstreich

Zapfenstreich oh, come on!

Aug 18, 2005
    Epic thread. Boosts my confidence in Glocks sky-high.

8. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

Jan 29, 2006
    The Outer Limits
    Best of Glocktalk. This is why I joined, the tech, links and tests :rock:

9. bigbore

bigbore

Mar 27, 2000
    NW Ohio
    JDB likes this.
  10. Yay!!! It's back! Nice to see it's still running just fine!

11. 2006HighSierra

2006HighSierra

Jul 19, 2008
    I know it must be hard finding more things to subject it too but I have an idea. I say get a Mack gravel bucket w/ about 20 ton of rock and dump on it. then recover and continue to embarrass other manufacturers.

12. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

Jan 29, 2006
    The Outer Limits
  13. dne752

dne752 Mad Catter

Jan 11, 2009
    Texas
    For sale: One "slightly" used Glock. Shows signs of some very minor wear. Pistol has ALWAYS seen the best of care. Trades welcome... must be another Glock!!!!

14. douggmc

douggmc

Feb 23, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    :rofl: .... hilarious. Bigbore ... you should seriously put that 21 up for sale here on the GT "want ads". You could probably name your price and have people jumping at the chance to buy it ... its like a piece that should be in a museum some day!

15. ruthlessFF

ruthlessFF

Jan 6, 2004
    Indy
    some of those shooters scare me, I think a basics refresher is in order for some...