close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I think Im in love!

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by arushus, Dec 30, 2011.

1. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Somebody talk some sense in to me. Im about to sell my car, other guns, and anything else of value, including my body, to buy this gun! I want it so bad! I woulddo horrible things for this gun, nasty, reprehensible, unthinkable, just downright ugly things for this gun!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267267754

2. 10-acious

10-acious A Perfect 10

Jul 6, 2005
    Indiana
    So what you're saying is I should refrain from bidding on that Colt?

3. dooga

dooga New to Glocks

Mar 30, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I am happy to give you guys all the hyper-expensive 1911 variants you want. Gorgeous, yes, but not my type. More for you, I guess.

4. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    I wish I still had the Delta I bought all those years ago, it was a shooter, not quite as fancy as that one. It was a quite a shooter that one.

5. Your lucky that my bonus don't get here for about 2-1/2 more months. I'd jump on that in a Milli-second. :wow:

6. 9jeeps

9jeeps Still Jeepin

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    Git er done! I was that way about six or seven guns over time. Then realized I had a few too many safe queens. Hope you have an understanding of this phobia.
    Good luck.

7. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Its just a gorgeous gun! While I would definitely keep it in as good condition as possible, I would HAVE to shoot it, often!

8. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    It sure is pretty. But you should buy one that you won't feel bad about shooting. I wonder what "First Edition" really means. How many of those "First Edition" guns are out there? The serial number is low, but still should have 315 guns before it, if they use chronological numbering. I wish I knew more about it.

9. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
  10. dryfly

dryfly Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2009
    White Mountains NH
    Have you discussed this with your wife ???
    Bahahahaha......
    Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission....
    No begging allowed though !!!!!!!!!!! You will lose your man-card !!!

Nice gun...but I like 21's better....

11. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Aug 27, 2002

Colt's...especially one's like that are very collectible, that's a showpiece/safequeen only.

I doubt it will go for listed minimum bid of $1200.00...the reserve may be quite a bit higher.

If I were a rich man...maybe, but I prefer shooters.

12. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Holy crap. WHAT A PISTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: What an incredibly beautiful Delta. MMMMMMM

Heed dryfly's advice: "Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission...." True stuff.

13. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    A bit off topic, but can someone explain to me why 'Minimum Bid' ≠ 'Reserve'?

14. dl645

dl645

Dec 22, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Don't think I've ever seen it on gunbroker but used to see it all the time on eBay. Minimum bid is where the bidding will start but the reserve could be higher. Minimum bid of 1,000 but a reserve of 1,500 means if the "winning bid" is under 1,500 then it's not sold. The lower starting bid gets things going but until it passes the reserve price, it doesn't really count.

15. rcd567

rcd567

Feb 5, 2011
    Near Glenwood, Iowa
    Just wait till I win the Powerball. I'll show you guys. I will. I really will.:rofl:

16. If I wanted to invest, I'd put my money in a paintin' or sumthin. If I bought 'dat gun, I'd wear her out like a $5 street hooker. I ain't spendin' 'dat much money on sumthin' ta say it looks purty, or looky what I got here. I ain't leavin' nuthin' fer my kids to hock. As fer as me feelin' bad about shootin' her, I'd feel like an idiot if I didn't. Nuthin would make me more proud than to say, " Looky wat I gat here, I gat fity thousand rounds through 'er!"

17. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC

Damn, that's gorgeous! Do I hear 1201.00??

18. Kaybe

Kaybe

Sep 30, 2009
    Calm down and take a deep breath. You need to know a couple of things. First, it is just a Colt. (that should start some things up). Second, the moment you drop it or scratch it, you will want to "fall on your sword" so to speak. Third, for that money, you could get a real quality 1911, ammo and all the Barbie glitter you want to glue onto the outside of it. Forth, by the time you sell everything, it will be gone. I understand. I do that same thing when I see a really nice M96 Broomhandle, with matching stock. To me, wanting it is half the fun. But, if you really want it, go for it. Remember, it's just a Colt.

19. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    I cant help what I like boys...to each his own. Just thought you all would like to see it to. If it is still around come tax return time, Im buying it! However, the reserve price is undoubtedly $1500 or over. As badly as I need a subcompact like a 26 or 33 for carrying, I dont have my concealed carry license yet, gotta wait another year, and I can conceal my 20sf pretty good, that being said, I really think a CDE is gonna be my next gun! It is between the CDE, 26, 33, 29, a longslide conversion from lonewolf, or a S&W Governor.

Oh, and one more thing, Im pretty smart, so naturally Im single! ;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011