I think I killed my bare eyed cockatoo

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Dalton Wayne, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache
    Millennium Member

Her cage has sat in the same location for ten years, I'm redoing the living room so I moved her and her cage, well it seems the stress was to much for he, she stroked out, lasted two days and passed this afternoon :crying:

I still have my Mullocan Cockatoo and African grey but lost my little cookie......

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. RLB

RLB

Sorry man.

4. janice6

Platinum Member

That's to bad. My sympathies for losing your longtime friend.

Little things to us is sometimes very significant to others.

5. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Sorry. I lost a Buffon's Macaw this summer. She hurt her insides passing an egg. Got her back from the vet, and she looked to be doing better, but died in the night. I slept by her, and saw that she was being very still. I reached for her, and she was gone.

6. Never have been a bird lover, but my heart is with you in the loss of your little friend.

Gray_Rider

7. UtahIrishman

Silver Member

my sympathies... losing a pet is always so hard

8. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

Sorry to hear about your pet. Don't go kicking yourself. Moving her cage may have nothing to do with what killed her.

Even if it did, you wouldn't have done it if you thought it would harm her.

9. minuteman32

minuteman32 NRA & GOA Life

Not so much of a bird guy, but still, our babies are just that, our babies. Sorry for your loss.

10. Sorry for your loss. Birds are wonderful.

I have a canary that I love to hear sing in the mornings and my daughter has a free flighted Green Cheek Conure that I love dearly. She flys over and sits on my arm as I watch TV. I never knew how affectionate they could be.

11. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member
    CLM

I'm sorry that your bird passed away. We almost always had our lab sleep on the floor by our bed but one night I didn't let him in. We found him dead in the hallway the next morning. The vet said it was a genetic thing with an artery in his stomach - he was only 8. That night we went on a walk which was nice but I always feel bad that I didn't let him in our room that night.

sdsnet

#10 sdsnet, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  12. J Lee

I'm a dog guy myself but understand how we get attached to our pets. Sorry.