close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I swore I'd never buy a glock!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by mnotlyon, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Na, it's not that I have anything against glocks, it's just that I don't like to follow the crowd. Instead, I've been slowly trying to buy as many Rugers as I can.

I was looking for a hunting pistol to take white tails in Missouri. Of course I was leaning towards a Redhawk, or Blackhawk. But, they're pretty pricey. I did some research and found that a 10mm can make a pretty good hunting pistol at reasonable ranges. So, I changed my train of thought.

Did I mention I own a tool shop? I've been toying with making some after market parts for guns. If you're gonna make gun parts, there are few better places to start than with a Glock.

So, I purchased a Glock 20 and an extended lone wolf barrel. Now, I have a deer gun, a gun for testing my new parts, and even a very good carry gun if I choose to slip it into my new black mamba holster.

10mm ammo is a bit pricey at the moment, so I also bought a 9mm conversion barrel so I can practice with my new toy.

I swore I'd never jump on the Glock bandwagon, but here I am. I'm starting to wonder why I waited so long. :wavey:

2. Welcome! If you ever decide to change your mind, feel free to send it on my way. I'll cover shipping costs of course! :D

Just another day in paradise.

3. I'll keep that in mind. However, your odds aren't great. I've sold exactly one gun in my whole life, and I regretted it so much I went and bought it back. :cool:

4. Glocks are the best handguns.

5. Welcome. Now all you need is your second Glock. Try a G17 or G19.

6. If/when I get a second one, it would probably be a G26 or G29.
    I'd want it to be easy to carry, and a caliber that I already have ammo for.

7. allen13

allen13

Aug 2, 2012
    Wetside WA.
    I like to play both sides of the fence, so to speak also. Got both heavy ironed Rugers and Glocks. They both do what they do very well and it is nice to shoot different things. I started out not trusting Glocks in the beginning and the more I learned about them and used them the more I really started to like them, even my gen 4 21. You will learn a lot of good information here. Welcome!

8. VA Swamphunter

VA Swamphunter Old Mud Diver

Jun 7, 2011
    Suffolk VA
    Welcome.
    A 20sf was my first Glock I also bought it with the intention of deer hunting. Haven't had a chance to use it yet for that; but it has become a regular fixture in my truck & car and on the nightstand.
    Get ya some Underwood and shoot the snot out of it and enjoy.

9. officer196

officer196

May 15, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Good man and welcome

10. GLK8876919

GLK8876919 Confused... Lifetime Member

Dec 19, 2012
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Welcome to GT! they have a strange addictive appeal don't they? once you have a taste ya just can't stay away...