close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I replaced trigger bar in my G19 - smooth trigger for a G17. Disappointed.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Z71bill, Nov 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    I would most likely never even noticed the trigger serrations on my G19 trigger if it was not talked about on GT. It never bothered me at all - thought some folks obsessing over the little edges on the trigger were making something out of nothing. :crying:

Then I got a G21 with a smooth trigger. :cool:

After a few range trips - those SHARP JAGGED DAGGERS on the G19 trigger had to go. :rofl:

So I ordered a smooth trigger and a spring from Midway.

Got my new trigger & trigger spring late yesterday - got up this morning and decided I would "do the job".

Spring looked fine - but I figured why not start off with a new one - keep the old one as a spare.

Less than 10 minutes later (most of which was cleaning) job is done. :yawn:

I have not test fired it yet - but all seems good when I dry fire.

I was looking forward to spending a little quality time
    "gunsmithing" my Glock - this job was too easy - and am a little bit disappointed that there was not more challenge. :upeyes:

I have had the gun about 5 years - never done more than a field strip - the area around the trigger had some crud built up - it needed to be cleaned - I think I may over oil a little. :embarassed:

2. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    time to do it over and remove all the oil !!!

3. curlysir

curlysir

Aug 15, 2011
    NE Texas
    Get an HK, FN or SIG. That will cure your problem. You get to use a punch, hammer, and hope you can find all the little springs on the FN. Plus a 10 minute job it is not. The FN 5.7 is the worst.

I own all the above and recently changed out some parts on the FN and HK. Made me appreciate the simplicity of the Glock's.

4. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    Oil has been removed -

It was just an accumulation of 5 years worth of an extra drop here or there.

Since it is so easy to remove the trigger bar - I may start cleaning it every couple years.

5. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    I hear you. Changed trigger bar and connector - took all of 10 minutes.

6. dhgeyer

dhgeyer

Jul 15, 2011
    Heck, if you want a challenge, get a CZ75 BD. You have to make dummy assembly pins, chase little springs that inevitably go flying, get about 1500 little pieces into about a cubic inch - loads of fun!

7. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

Feb 7, 2007
    Martinez, GA
    Yes if you want a challenge a CZ is much harder to work on than a Glock, Sig's are a bit tricky but HK and FN are worse.

8. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Replacing the hammer spring on a P64 or SIG P6 is a fun time too :wavey: