close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I officially threw in the towel..

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by breech, Apr 25, 2007.

1. breech

breech

Aug 26, 2004
    T E X A S
    It's been a long and crazy ride. I am officially done with EMS all together. I was going to finish out this week and soak it all in but I decided to call it quits ahead of schedule. I spent the last 6 years as a paramedic. I'm really going to miss it but I'm just moving "next door". :thumbsup: I'm headed off into a LE career. Gonna start the city academy in May. Can't wait!

2. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

Feb 4, 2002
    Vancouver USA
    Quitter. :supergrin:

Actually you might be able to still do EMS. Don't SWAT teams have a medic on the team to patch up people in the event of injury?

3. GusDog

GusDog

Jul 26, 2006
    PA
    Good luck breech. I'm actually making the same transition now myself.

4. GeoEMTP

GeoEMTP TX Sheepdawg

Apr 4, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Just don't forget where ya come from. No RA's for the "too-drunk-for-jail" at 0300!

5. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    I don't know about done with EMS altogether, the PD in our town are also first responders and have to be EMS certified.

Anyway, good luck!

6. breech

breech

Aug 26, 2004
    T E X A S
    Not so with the city of Houston. If I get on scene and the person needs medical attention, "Send EMS to my location.." :supergrin:
    I honestly think I am completely done with EMS. There's no turning back now.
    Don't worry GeoEMTP. I won't forget.

7. Skintop911

Skintop911 Uber-Practical

Nov 2, 2003
    Midwest, USA
    Keep your certs alive, just in case. It will also add a new dimension to your policing, testimony, and future career opportunities.

Those I know who let their creds lapse when moving from EMS to LE, or vice versa, regretted it.

8. breech

breech

Aug 26, 2004
    T E X A S
    I recently recerted so it doesn't expire until 10/09. More than likely I'll recert again just for the heck of it. I paid for my education so even though I'm not in the field anymore I'll hang onto it.