close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I Need Your Help: Sig Sauer 522, S&W M&P 15-22, or Ruger 10/22?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Flipz, Jan 30, 2010.

1. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    Oh, I see. You mean take a $200 10/22 and add a bunch of aftermarket crap costing more than double the rifle's worth to make it shoot better than an out the box Marlin with a scope or better sights. Yeah. You're right. No comparison.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. Nope... I mean having options... the 10/22 can be transformed into pretty much anything, and be put back again.

Marlins are good rifles, but they are what comes out of the box, pretty much forever.

Simply put, there is no comparison.

3. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Well, Nutnfancy finally posted his tabletop review of the Sig Sauer 522 on Youtube. If you want to watch it just do a search for "Sig 522" and it will come up. Its a long one too, about 45 minutes, so bring the popcorn.

4. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    I knew he would get to it. I watched part of it. I’m not really into AR’s, so I didn’t watch the whole thing, and to be honest, watching Nutnfancy costs me money sometimes. Thanks to his Spyderco booth review, and his tabletop review on the Spyderco Stretch, I just ordered one. There is so much cool stuff out there, and to watch him do reviews is pretty neat.

Be sure to bring this thread back up when you get the 522. Photos are mandatory.

5. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    I pick it up this Thursday, the 18th. Im still trying to decide which red dot to get for it. Im looking at the Bushnell 1x32 MP Trophy T Dot, Millett SP Series Red Dots, and the ADCO Red Dots. So many choices its hard to decide. If anyone has suggestions Im all ears.
    Once Im able to take some pics I'll post them

6. mag318

mag318

Jul 23, 2007
    Illinois
    You couldn't go wrong with either choice, I like them so much I bought both so I wouldn't have to choose.

7. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Are you talking about the rifles or the red dots?

8. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Are you running a red dot on them? If so, which one?

9. mag318

mag318

Jul 23, 2007
    Illinois
    Flipz,
    I'm just using the iron sights on my M&P, and put a 4X scope on my Sig. No red dots.

10. Mine was made in 2002. And it's not even the cheap Wal Mart budget model. I bought it at a real gun store, and pay the non Wal Mart price.

I'll never buy another Ruger.

11. jarubla

jarubla Dos Pistolas

Feb 16, 2010
    UT
    I love my 10/22. A bolt buffer, an Volquartsen exact edge extractor, amd some slip stream lube and it is smooth and quiet.

Lots of fun

-Jay

12. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    My wait is over. I picked up my Sig 522LR last night. Gonna take it to the range this weekend and see how it performs.

13. SCOTTtheBADGER

SCOTTtheBADGER

Nov 8, 2009
    YAY! Have fun. I plan on having one by mid summer.

14. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    WOW!!! Is all I have to say. The 522 performs perfectly. I fed CCI Mini Mags through it and not a single hicup. Once I sighted in my fakepoint I saw thats its actually pretty accurate. I shot benchrested at 40-50 yards and was getting 2-3 inch groups. After sighting in the fakepoint and doing some accuracy tests I then went to rapid fire tests. During rapid fire it fed flawlessly and still held good groups while in the standing position.

While shooting I developed a little bit of a crowd. Everyone wanted to know what it was. I let some of them shoot it and after the first shot each of them just turned around and had a huge grin on their face. I think I sold a couple extra 522's for Sig just in the couple of hours I was at the range. Everyone loved it and wanted to buy one.

I highly recommend the 522 to anyone looking for a fun gun to shoot.

P.S.
    I also brought my Glock 17 to the range. It didnt even come out of the bag, LOL.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  15. Pitt

Pitt Gangstalicious

Jun 7, 2004
    South Carolina
    What red dot did you get? Did you go with the Primary Arms unit?

16. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Right now Im just using a G&P Aimpoint replica that a friend gave me for free. He had been using it for airsoft before he quit. But it works pretty well, made of metal and has a good mount. I gotta get some pictures up of the Sig for you guys.

17. Chattanoogaphil

Chattanoogaphil

Feb 24, 2010
    I have the 15-22 and 522 SWAT.

The 15-22 is lighter, less reliable with a variety of ammo, and not as accurate as the 522. The 522 is a bigger more bulky feeling rifle. Both are easy to disassemble for cleaning. The 522 has a metal upper receiver whereas the 15-22 is polymer. The polymer quad rail on the 15-22 is tough and doesn't nick easy like the 522 metal quad rail. The quad rail on the 15-22 is symmetrical, whereas the 522 quad rail is almost an inch taller than wide. The 15-22 mags have thumb assist buttons. 522 mags are made by Black Dog and are widely available. Other than rail attachments, there are few accessories available for the 522. The 15-22 is basically an AR platform so triggers, stocks and grips can be upgraded. The 15-22 has quite a bit of storage in the stock tube (stock tube is part of the lower receiver not like an AR buffer tube/receiver extension). The 522 has a folding stock. There is a small storage tube in the quad rail about the diameter of a CR123 battery.

They are both great rifles.

Attached Files: