I need primers ...

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by C6vetter, Feb 26, 2013.

1. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Natchez had Win LP primers for less than 2 hours, yesterday.

I got a text message from a friend that found them. By the time I got home. . . . gone.

$39.99/1000 + s/h/hazmat.

Gets real expensive buying a couple of thousand.
    (Didn't need 'em, anyway.)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Yiu have to be really desperate to buy 2K for that price + SH & HM.:faint:

#42 fredj338, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. My LGS has SPP 100 for $10.00. I bought 10k off GB and should have filed rape charges but they were less than the LGS.

4. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

high price or not at least you guys can get em.. there are no SPP to be had here in the Orlando area..

5. njl

njl

There's lots of SPPin the Orlando area. It's just a question of where to look and how much you'll pay.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. Just got the tracking info for the 10,000 CCI LPP from Cabela's. A little (actually, a lot!) more than I wanted to pay, but now I'm pretty deep for both SPP & LPP now, and have enough to make it to 2014. This was the component I really overpaid for during this cycle. brass, bullets, and even rimfire were all good when then panic started, but I almost got in a jam for primers. Luckily, I adopted Ron or Fred's 5K rule (sorry, I can't recall who kept stating that in their posts...) and I am good to go now, and will be good going forward from now on.

Once components are more widely available, I'll be sure that I don't let the stash run down again!

#46 Beanie-Bean, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  7. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

I don't need them. Took inventory last night.
    I won't need primers till October, or later.
    A good friend of mine sent the text. He's ordering 2 or 3 boxes.

One LGS has primers.
    $55.00/thousand.

He has plenty onhand.:rofl::rofl:

8. Got these in today.

[​IMG]

9. If he has primers, I don't see paying that kind of money for them. Things will ease up later this year, then place a big order like 10K of each size. Put them away for reserve.

10. crnama

CLM

Our LGS has some when I stopped in the other day for $45/1000. A few weeks ago the same boxes were $35/1000. A few months ago when I bought a bunch he had them for $25/1000. Sure glad I decided to get some then.

11. if you were paying attention ... this shortage was "advertised" last fall... i bit the bullet and ordered a years supply of all components... and i have MORE primers, powder & bullets on back order now.. for JUST IN CASE !!!!

12. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

That's the thing.
    This one guy at my sportsman's club, he only buys when he 'needs' them. He never plans ahead.

I've tried to tell these guys - when you see a good price, forego the lunch or dinner 'out', and buy a few bricks of components, instead.

This guy's tried to 'hit me up' for 2k primers.
    (He's 'borrowed' from others, and never repaid.)
    I've learned my lesson. . . . I got to watch out for ME. There's no tellin' when I'll get the primers returned.

(Granted, there are a few of us that have a 'co-op' and we look out for one-another, including buying/picking up supplies.
    The 'one-way guys' are usually on-their-own.)

13. Touché

[​IMG]

14. If you lived in Tucson I could point you in a direction that I know has them.

15. gforester

gforester Motorhead

I found a reloading shop that had primers, a few powders and some bullets. I drove 75 miles each way and spent $1500 of my mad money and stocked up. I was buying for myself and several of my shooting friends. I did pay a heavy premium on both the powder and primers, but I manged to get them. The primers were $200+tax a case. :wow: The 8# jug of IMR was also $200, but what are you going to to do in a situation like this?

16. Do tell! I've looked all over Tucson and haven't had any luck with primers or powders. Murphy's was supposed to get a shipment of powder this past weekend, but when I called today, they didn't have anything.

17. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!