Glock Talk banner

I need primers ...

7K views 56 replies 27 participants last post by  cysoto 
#1 ·
Where can i backorder 10k or so? Who is most timely and reputable?

#27 ·
I feel for some of you guys... at least here in the Seattle PNW guys within the true shooting community are supporting each other. I paid $30 a K for a couple boxes of primers at the last match and passed it onto a friend who was struggling to find components.

#28 · (Edited)
I feel for some of you guys... at least here in the Seattle PNW guys within the true shooting community are supporting each other. I paid $30 a K for a couple boxes of primers at the last match and passed it onto a friend who was struggling to find components.
I would only be so kind to a noob reloader. The exp guys should have known better. The guys I know ordered up in Nov/Dec, they are fine. The noobs though, all are crying that they can't get supplies.

#29 ·
Finding something and passing it on is one thing. I did that with 2k of Montana 124 at the shoot this weekend. But depleting my own stores is a totally different can O worms.

#30 ·
Finding something and passing it on is one thing. I did that with 2k of Montana 124 at the shoot this weekend. But depleting my own stores is a totally different can O worms.

I agree hold on to what you have, i think we might be in for a long period. Like i said i missed the bus on this one. They will start to return slowly I just need to pay more attention and stay on top of what i have and need. i slowed up the last year from shooting because it was becoming expensive and i figured i would wait till my son aged a few years. Now he is 10 and came to me and asked to go shooting. i went down all happy. Opened the box and seen i had only 2000 spp left.

thought no big deal just go and pick up about 5000. NIF LOL :rofl:

#31 ·
I ran into one guy who wanted $85/1K and refused to ship or go down on price. Another had his listed for $105/1K, firm, I called, he really wasn't lowering his price. He said, "I may not get my price, today, but someone will pay it." I fear he may be right.
It's like the stock market, only better. Buy low. Sell high. If it doesn't sell at your asking price, you'll use them yourself eventually. Who would have thought you could double (or more) your money on primers in 6 months?

#32 · (Edited)
You just have to be diligent and watch the various vendors sites. Powder Valley had SPMs today. A few local guys put the word out and several guys put orders in.

Same with parts and accessories, I picked up a brand new Surefire 60 rounder for $135 today and 4 NIW Gen 3 Pmags for $25 each.

#33 ·
I've only been reloading for about 2 years and I am well stocked on primers for everything I need. Working at a large firearms retailer helps but I have been seriously stocking up since this summer. The only small pistol primers I've seen since December have been small pistol magnum which is perfect for me because I load a lot of .357 sig using slower burning powder, Longshot and Blue Dot mainly.
I do feel bad for people just trying to start loading because it just isn't possible to go to your LGS and grab everything you need in one day and just hit the bench when you get home. Hopefully this will all calm down soon. Even if the AWB and or magazine capacity limits pass the ammo/supplies aren't going anywhere except for peoples basements and ammo cans.

#36 ·
Is that their normal jacked up price, or have they gone higher recently?
That seems to be normal price these days locally...

I stopped by a local shop today. They had Winchester SPP, Federal LRP and LPP in stock. All $49.99 a K, plus tax (One K of each a day limit).

115g PMC 9mm was $16.99 a box on 50, one box a day as well.

#38 ·
Primers up here in NE Ohio are a real hit & miss game these days. I will hit my usual stores and shops for weeks and it seems like everybody's shelves are empty. Then someone will get a random shipment of primers in and if you happen to be there - your in luck, if not... :dunno:

I have seen a bit more stock on the shelves this last week than I have for a long time now. No where near what It was 2 years ago but it does seem to be a bit better as of late.

Best advise is you had better buy them when you see them or your just not going to be doing any reloading & shooting.

#40 ·
I agree hold on to what you have, i think we might be in for a long period.
Assuming we don't end up w/ any absurd new gun laws on the fed level (which I still believe).. I still think we're probably looking July/August before the craze on actual firearms begins to slow... I think components will probably (hopefully) begin to show back up around Dec/Jan.

IGF

#41 ·
Natchez had Win LP primers for less than 2 hours, yesterday.

I got a text message from a friend that found them. By the time I got home. . . . gone.

$39.99/1000 + s/h/hazmat.

Gets real expensive buying a couple of thousand.
(Didn't need 'em, anyway.)

#42 · (Edited)
Natchez had Win LP primers for less than 2 hours, yesterday.

I got a text message from a friend that found them. By the time I got home. . . . gone.

$39.99/1000 + s/h/hazmat.

Gets real expensive buying a couple of thousand.
(Didn't need 'em, anyway.)
Yiu have to be really desperate to buy 2K for that price + SH & HM.:faint:

#46 · (Edited)
Just got the tracking info for the 10,000 CCI LPP from Cabela's. A little (actually, a lot!) more than I wanted to pay, but now I'm pretty deep for both SPP & LPP now, and have enough to make it to 2014. This was the component I really overpaid for during this cycle. brass, bullets, and even rimfire were all good when then panic started, but I almost got in a jam for primers. Luckily, I adopted Ron or Fred's 5K rule (sorry, I can't recall who kept stating that in their posts...) and I am good to go now, and will be good going forward from now on.

Once components are more widely available, I'll be sure that I don't let the stash run down again!

#47 ·
Yiu have to be really desperate to buy 2K for that price + SH & HM.:faint:
I don't need them. Took inventory last night.
I won't need primers till October, or later.
A good friend of mine sent the text. He's ordering 2 or 3 boxes.

One LGS has primers.
$55.00/thousand.

He has plenty onhand.:rofl::rofl:

#49 ·
I don't need them. Took inventory last night.
I won't need primers till October, or later.
A good friend of mine sent the text. He's ordering 2 or 3 boxes.

One LGS has primers.
$55.00/thousand.

He has plenty onhand.:rofl::rofl:
If he has primers, I don't see paying that kind of money for them. Things will ease up later this year, then place a big order like 10K of each size. Put them away for reserve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.