close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

i need help from pic gurus please

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by cannoncocker, Jan 5, 2006.

1. cannoncocker

cannoncocker unknown race

Dec 29, 2001
    afganistan for now
    Hi im trying to read the nametag of this person and i try to expand it but its blury.What im trying to do is find my friends father in the united states.This is his best friend he doesnt have his fathers name.i want to find this guy and ask him his friends name my buddys father.You see all i have is his fathers first name ernie.If someone could read the nametag or thinks they can ill send you the pic.
    Thanks alot
    rod

2. mhill

mhill

Dec 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I think your best bet to read it would be a magnifing glass or microscope on the original picture.

3. cannoncocker

Dec 29, 2001
    afganistan for now
  4. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

Sep 15, 1999
    DFW
    If you can get a high DPI scan of just the name tag area (about 1500DPI) it might be readable.

5. Nyper

Nyper

Jan 2, 2004
    Lebanon TN
    I hate to be the pessimist, but you probably are not going to tell - at least not from this version of the picture. You can't see something that does not exist in the picture. Your only chance (as stated above) is to take a magnifying glass or microscope to the original (paper) picture or a very high resolution scan. If the original pic looks the same as this one, I'm willing to say with 95% certainty that you won't be able to read the name on the nametag. Sorry..

6. cannoncocker

Dec 29, 2001
    afganistan for now
    got his last name with the magnafying glass thanks alot guys.I knew you would know.Now to find the guy.
    stay safe
    rod

7. mhill

mhill

Dec 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO