close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I need advice, on a quick removable IWB holster

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Backfire_Tx, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Backfire_Tx

Backfire_Tx

My work place does not allow handguns. I bought a supertuck, and it works as advertised for the glock 23. But it does not removed in a car easily.

My problem is the glock 23 goes with me to work in center console of car, if for some reason i exit car - which occurs quite often on a 40 mile commute - i want to have it for sd around the hood i drive through.

Question: I tried to order a Galco tritron for the glock 23, but the backorder is months literally - forget that. I like the idea of a clip on. Is there a similar off brand that would perform as well as the Galco triton kydex clipon? I think a IWB would be best concealment for me - and hang shirt around gun. What say you holster experts? Any ideas?

2. AstraPat

AstraPat

3. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

IMHO the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 holsters are a game-changer as far as IWB holsters are concerned... In my case at least, it's design has trumped every other one I've used before and rendered the older designs more or less obsolete.
    Forget "small footprint", it's more like "no footprint".
    Been carrying a full-size G17 AIWB at around 1:30-2:00 pretty much since I got mine and it absolutely rules. It's so great to not have to worry about printing or any "cover garment" nonsense, just a T-shirt is enough.

Just one loop does it, super easy on and off, and covers the trigger at all times. Due to it's design you don't really even unholster the gun in the traditional sense, it's more of a "system" where the gun and minimalist holster work as one unit.
    For reps in and out of the holster, like training, matches, and such, yeah, still dig my Blade-Tech Nano (or really any better traditional IWB holster), but really, for that sort of thing, that's what a good OWB holster is for...

For EDC/SD carry, the Vanguard 2 is the new king of the hill as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

The metal belt clips on my White Hat IWB make it a pain to remove quickly...especially when wearing it. For those few times I may need to remove my complete rig quickly, I prefer the Desantis "Cozy Partner"...two snaps and it's free.

BTW: G26

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

6. vinstang67

vinstang67

7. gajones06

gajones06

Galco king tuk is what I use for my 26 and it's easy removed or put on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. FMF Doc

FMF Doc

9. PaulMason

PaulMason

10. rich n

rich n

11. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Comp-tac Two O'clock holster worn in the appendix position is your answer. It has a sturdy clip that is easy on/off when seated in a car. The position of the holster facilitates that also. No long wait times for Comp-tac gear also. Bill

12. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

13. KYFlatfoot

KYFlatfoot

Rocketman Holsters or JS Holsters. Make kydex IWB holsters that are simple and extremely practical.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

14. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl

Another vote for the Remora. Extremely comfortable, no clips to worry about, and the gun stays totally put. I own one for my G27, one for my 3" smith l frame, and 1 for my Taurus snubbie 22 mag. Excellent quality, made right here in the USA and lifetime warranty to boot.

Sent from my phone booth

15. troysglock

troysglock Member

16. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

+1 for Remora. Inexpensive, works as advertised and you can take the loaded holster in and out as needed. IWB while out and then stick it in between the seat and console PRESTO! car gun as needed. Versatile.

17. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864

Can't get any easier to remove than this... I've not tried one but I know a guy who likes his sticky holster.

http://stickyholsters.com/

[​IMG]

18. Z71

Z71

The cheap 'Uncle Mikes' IWB works well for me. Comes in several sizes for pistol or revolver applications. I have one for a G19 and a Beretta Tomcat..secure comfortable carry and no fuss to unhook and stash in vehicle.

19. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

For those who've never seen how different of an approach the Raven is, think you'll immediately see why above a had said that it's a game-changer...

(pics borrowed from activeshhoter556 at ar15.com)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. HGxyz

HGxyz

Another recommendation for Remora. Great in the car worn high at 12 o'clock (comfortable and accessible while wearing a seatbelt). When you exit the car, slide it down a couple inches for better concealment. My choice at any price, yet they are quite inexpensive, ship quickly, and you don't need a $150 belt to hold them up.