close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I just picked up a Springfield TRP.......

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Airborne Infantryman, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    I just bought a brand new Springfield Armory TRP for $1333 today.

November 2012 production, too. :cool:

I am amazed by the quality, however, comparing it to my November 2012 production MC Operator, I cannot tell THAT BIG a difference in workmanship, nor can I tell ANY difference in "tightness".

Initial impressions are this-

There is a *very* slight overhang of the slide where the slide meets the frame on my MC Operator, (which has been a non-issue), whereas the TRP's extractor is blended perfectly to the slide; same goes for the rear where the slide meets the frame.

The TRP has a slightly lighter trigger pull than my MC Operator.

Other than the obvious mag well and front strap checkering, which is CRAZY SHARP, the quality and workmanship of the MC Operator and the TRP seem to be almost on par with each other.

I just ordered a set of brown/tan Strider Gunner Grips for the TRP to top it off. Other than that, I got lots of ammo, and plan on breaking her in when I complete my move next week.

Pics, as this thread would be worthless without them- :supergrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Shot 4-5 hundred through my TRP last weekend. Some steel needed killin'. Over 10k down the barrel, and I still ain't broke them MIM parts (not that I like MIM parts or anything...). Clean it occasionally, replace the springs occasionally, give it lube and run it until that frontstrap checkering turns your hands white. :supergrin:

:thumbsup:

3. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Very good price on a great 1911, congrats.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats on a great 1911 at a great price.

5. catalyst686

catalyst686

Apr 13, 2010
    Minnesota
    Awesome! I thought the TRP was railed like the operator, the one I saw when I got my operator was at least. I guess they make a non-railed version as well, nice to have options!

6. megawatt

megawatt Electron maker

Feb 2, 2011
    Las Vegas
    There is also a half rail TRP version.

7. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    Congrats on a great 1911! I do agree that the checkering is *very* sharp.

8. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    I like mine a lot and feel in Armory Coat carbon steel it's one of the best buys in production 1911s'. If all the TRPs' were as good as mine the FBI would be just as happy with them as the Professionals. So would the tax payers. LOL

9. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  10. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    When I helped out at the gunshop the dealer bought one of the railed versions for $700 that was very 'barely used'. He was tickled. That gun never made it to the counter for sale as far as I know.
    :whistling:

Nice piece. I'm not a 1911 fan, but if I was that would be on the short list. Congrats!

11. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    uhh, ever shoot/have a pro?

12. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I do. And while the TRP is a great gun...it AIN'T no Pro. :cool: 1 Pro and 3 TRP's.

Pro
    [​IMG]

SS TRP after a trip to SACS
    [​IMG]

Early TRP and TRP Champion, with a couple of things done. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  13. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    Yes, I have a Pro too. Great 1911, but at the cost difference I doubt most shooters could tell the difference. This is based on my two examples although I think my TRP is better than average.

14. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I got my Strider Gunner Grips today. Nice grips, but I had to sand down the top portion of the right side panel, as it was too tall for my safety to fully disengage. The countersink's on the Gunner Grips are also too low, so there is a TINY bit of play on the grips. I've read this is very common for Gunner Grips, and that o-rings will fix it right up with no issues, so I'm off to Lowes on Monday to get some. :supergrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012