close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I hope gas in CA hits $10 a gallon....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by slick64, Oct 8, 2012.

1. slick64

slick64

Over regulated, tree-hugging, Prius driving weenies are now complaining?

How's CARB helping right now? No matter how great the weather there is.....its not worth the cost of living there. Great place to spend a few days though.

I left NJ (CA on probation) and other than great food...never regret looking back.

I hope they keep voting Blue all the way.

2. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

I'm with you!..............California is now paying for their mistakes of lawmakers, and regulations that choke their economy and businesses. Yes, this includes their state right of gun control..........

3. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

I've spent three days of my life in California, to see my youngest brother graduate from Marine Corps Boot Camp in San Diego, back in 2001. I haven't been back, and I don't expect I ever will. Liberalism, and the damage it does to society is sickening.

4. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

You know how this goes, they'll just find a way of blaming the yield on not enough dedication to their original cause... End result, they'll lobby for more of the same crap that don't work because the crappy lifestyle that follows their cause is because we aren't doing enough of what they've proposed..

5. ray9898

ray9898

Yeah...it will be great when all the goods and services associated with the state rise in price so we all take a hit.:upeyes:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  6. slick64

slick64

The way I see it, it's now time to pay the piper. The governor asked for help....I say raise it a few more bucks.

7. slick64

slick64

Maybe its a wake up call. They did the same thing when they had electricity hikes. Let out of state people pay for our mess, they don't live here so we'll regulate the pricing for our own benefit and screw everyone else who doesn't vote here.

Enough is enough. Pay for being green and regulating everything.

8. Little Joe

Little Joe

You sound like a big crybaby, Slick. :crying:

Go take a nap and quit your whining.

9. canis latrans

canis latrans

all of a sudden, their over-bearing regulations don't mean so much (Gov. Moonbeam is bringing on the winter blend before the law allowed).

btw...I hope gas goes to $10/gallon nation-wide.

until the day after the election.

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I hope so too. That means more chicks riding scooters AND the refineries would start doing capital projects again and that means more moolah in my pocket.

11. podwich

podwich

In Michigan we have proposals on amending our state constitution to
    1) enshrine unions and prevent any laws that would limit them (including invalidating current ones),
    2) forcing home health care workers (including family members who just take care of their loved ones) to join the union (and pay dues, of course),
    3) making it unconstitutional to build an international bridge or tunnel unless it's put to popular vote (really?),
    4) getting rid of the law that allows emergency managers to take over if a local government runs itself into the ground (and allows renegotiation of contracts/unions/etc.), and (of course)
    5)....mandating (via constitutional amendment) an increasing percentage of sourcing of electricity from "green" sources.

CA does not have a monopoly on stupid. I really hope MI has some smarts but, as I've seen in prior elections, we have a high concentration of progressive stupid in some areas. I can't wait for them to financially sink the state worse by increasing the cost of government and the cost of energy. Well, at least I have an in-demand job and can move if the state becomes too oppressive. Grr.

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Hell I hope gas hits $10 in EVERY state.

(but especially California)

13. sourdough44

sourdough44

I saw a list not long ago, maybe here, that had the title of every CA State Gov't agency. That list was impossibly long, state agencies that have no reason to exist. While I'm sure other states are close, about every advocacy group was able to get a toehold into state Gov't.

Most changes that come seem to be around the margins, no where close to what needs to be done. More of the same is what I expect.

14. slick64

slick64

I live in TX, I'm not whining at all. Personally, gas can hit $20 a gallon I won't use any less than I do now and it won't bother me a bit. I'm just amused that CA put itself in a self induced predicament and now its big news.....screw them. They begged for it. Where do you live?

15. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Goes up there it'll go up in the rest of the country

16. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I sure as hell dont

17. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Yep the whole nation will feel it.

As bad as California is at screwing things up with onerous environmental regulations: the one with the biggest/worst effect on California is the Federal Government.

Federal Endangered Species Act implementation has dramatically affected food production and other industries here in California.

18. Kevin108

Kevin108 file_id.diz

I'm not sure how wise it is to wish CA ill. When the state folds, it will still be our tax dollars that the federal government will bail them out with.

19. Little Joe

Little Joe

I live in California, and I hate what liberals have done to California. It kind of ticks me off when outsiders say we begged for it and deserve it when many of us didn't vote for the fools ruining it.

20. mixflip

mixflip

They dont "need" to raise gas prices. Supply is fine.

California has tons of refineries. Valero, Chevron, Tesoro, Shell in the bay area, a few in Bakersfield and a couple in LA.

I used to be a systems operator for one of them. We shut down for repairs every year like clock work. The retail outlets are just price gouging.