close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I have to carry everywhere now

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Triple7, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Triple7

Triple7

May 30, 2011
    I find out tonight that there was a murder at the Walmart I was at just 30 mins prior. Really nice area Frisco Tx.

2. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    I missed a bank robbery by about 15 minutes once. Sucks, too. I had my tactical pen on me and totally could've saved the day.

Actually, I was on the job and had a Keltec in my pocket, so I would've hid in the server room and climbed my happy ass up the rack into the ceiling. Might've even been able to GTFO through a vent or something, the bank was only one story.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  3. Welcome to 2 weeks ago.:rofl:

Sorry, could not resist. When I found out about the shooting, I discovered we had a new Wal Mart in town...dang this town is growing fast.

4. John43

John43

Sep 9, 2010
    Murrells Inlet SC
    I think that is a new store. It is the second shooting there.

5. Defender77

Defender77

Sep 13, 2009
    I just saw a "House Hunters" episode in Frisco, TX and they had some gorgeous houses at very affordable prices.

Did a search on Wikipedia and it said that is an affluent suburb of Dallas.

6. Any news on what happened at the store? I work directly next to a walmart and frequent it several times a day.

7. Triple7

Triple7

May 30, 2011
    Second shooting.

And no I currently don't have my CCL I'll be getting that asap

8. What I tell people who ask me why I carry to "nice" areas: Bad guys have cars too.

9. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    First reply nails it.

LarryNC likes this.
  10. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

May 23, 2009
    DFW TX

Shopping anywhere these days can expose you to harms way - this is the case when the economy is down and people are facing hard times - even in frisco.

Its is reports like this that make me ask people - where are you concerned about your safety? We have had school shootings, church shootings (and if you are going to commit a crime why would you do it where God is sure to be watching... tounge in cheek on this one), bank robberies in grocery stores and department stores. there is really no safe place anymore.

I will be holding a chl class on July 2nd 2011 if interested

11. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    +1000 :wow:

12. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    I have at least one (condition one) on me or within hands reach 24/7 every place it's legal to do so. And I live in a low crime area. But we've still got meth labs and stuff like that around here. There's no place you're 100% safe, even in your bedroom.

A few years ago around here a man had been stalking another mans wife. The stalker broke into the other mans house armed with a rifle and a pistol. He came into the bedroom shooting. Fortunately the husband had a pistol handy and terminated the stalker. The husband only got a slight wound.

ETA The event made the American Rifleman's self defense page.

13. Triple7

Triple7

May 30, 2011
    I wok at a stadium, so I'm not suppose to have a gun in my car. I'm gonna have to start breaking that rule.

14. eb31

eb31 ANARCHY!

Sep 11, 2010
    TN
    I carry everywhere to begin with. Came in handy the other night when some geeked out ****** approached my vehicle, asking for money, while we were getting gas. Wife and kids were in car. He ignored first loud warning to "back the F up". He left with a quickness once I pulled my concealed EDC.

Called police, explained what happened, gave them my info yada yada. Just to he safe and in the clear.

Advice. Get your permit. Carry all the time. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Good luck.

15. GlocknTexas

GlocknTexas

Jul 5, 2010
    You should be okay now that Perry signed new law prohibiting employers from not allowing handguns in a parked vehicle. Haven't read the law in its entirety, but I would think that applies to stadiums as well. Just don't carry it into stadium when you get CHL.

16. bithabus

bithabus

Jul 6, 2008
    Austin TX
    Why can't you have a gun in your car?

17. Seriously?!?!? A second shooting at a WalMart in Frisco...thats been open two months.(If even that long)

I googled it...DAYUM, the store has only been open a month and 2 separate shootings have occurred there. Scary, WTF is going on here?

18. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    Good for you. And then carry it as much as you can. I carry everywhere I legally can.

19. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    Here at the WallMart in Fairfax/Redbank/Cincinnati they had to build a police substation in the parking lot to keep the violence at bay. :shocked: