close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I HATE 1911's

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Jul 24, 2012.

1. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    From the guy who made the 'I Hate Glocks' Vid!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVkOcVEvpF4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]I Hate 1911's - YouTube[/ame]

2. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
  3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Now that was well done and very funny :)

Of course the pistol whipping at the end would have been pointless with a poly gun :tongueout:

4. Decguns

Decguns

Dec 29, 2003
    NC
    Browning, himself, hated the pistol. Hated the 45 ACP. Troops couldn't hit anything with it. The cash strapped Army was crying to Congress for a new pistol by 1926. Only the Russians were dumb enough to copy the design.

5. Source for this info? I'm curious now because I have never heard that before. :dunno:

6. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    While I don't actually hate the 1911, I've had enough of them that didn't run right over the years to leave a bad taste in my mouth. The only one that never gave me a lick or trouble was the Ed Brown that I had.

They are nice guns if your willing to invest time and money into them to make them run and keep them running.

7. clancy

clancy

Feb 16, 2011
    My Ruger, Colt, Taurus and Remington-Rand all run very well indeed. The only 1911 I have ever owned that didn't was a Kimber. Honestly, from experience, the 'low end" 1911's seem to do quite well without any or very little tweaking, at least from my experience.

8. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Good grief, do we really have to talk trash in a parody video thread?

Anyway that video was hilarious!

9. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    That is hilarious, Now where can I get one of those "I Love RIA" shirts. :supergrin:

10. 45caldan

45caldan

Aug 27, 2007
    central Florida
    I am a long time fan of the 1911. I found this funny and SOME of it true.
    I no longer carry a 1911 due to it's weight (this is where the polymer pistols really shine). The capacity doesn't concern me at all as a Civilian CCW holder.
    Most 1911s COME throated/polished these days to feed hollow points (unless you buy a GI type clone).
    There have been many endurance tests run with people going well over 1000 rds without cleaning or oiling.
    It IS an old design! Time tested and proven! :cool:
    Again funny but not entirely without error or myth.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012