close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I got to handle a KT KSG at the gun show

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by rich52us, Jan 7, 2012.

1. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    I went to the gun show today in Pt. St. Lucie FL, and to my surprise there was a KSG on the table of Pompano Pawn. I got to handle it and I must say I was impressed. It is short, and feels light. Part of the light feel is how well balanced it is. The pump action is short and very smooth, and had a positive feel. The controls seem well placed and intuitive, although the safety is on "fire" when it is pushed from right to left. I don't think I would have any problem adjusting to the manual of arms for this shottie. It didn't have the sights on and I have a concern that with the cheek weld my eye might not be on the right plane. Obviously I didn't get to shoot it at the gun show lol.

Now for the price (drum roll............), it was marked $2,400 but they said they would sell it for $1,800. They said the first one sold on Gunbroker for $2,400. I said I would wait and hopefully get it below the list price which I believe is over $800. They said they think the KSG will be declared a "Destructive Device" before a year is out, and it will be hard to obtain.

Well, we'll see. Anyway, as you can see from my sig. line I own several Kel Tec products. I've had no problems with any of them. If I could get a KSG at a reasonable price in the future, I would jump on it.

2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    When I was home on Christmas leave in Virginia Beach, VA, the local gunshop had two KSGs for $870 each. I decided to buy a Remington 870P MAX instead.

I did handle the KSG, and it does seem well-built. My complaint is the same as yours with the rail. It seems my eye wouldn't be on the same plane as the sights or whatever is on the rail.

The slide-release was mounted just ahead of the trigger guard, and the ammo tube selector being in the rear. I also didn't like that my cheek was resting on solid metal; they would do well to put a small cheek pad there. The cheek weld is similar to an LMT SOPMOD or VLTOR stock.

I think they are cool, but I'm not gonna be a Beta tester for it. I got my Remington 870P MAX (version with factory installed SureFire Forend and Ghost Ring sights) for $50 more than the Kel-Tec.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

3. toms_2003_GT

toms_2003_GT

Aug 25, 2010
    Jesus Christ:wow:.........only $1800 fricking dollars!!!

4. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    You have reveled the posion pill of dishonest dealers. Get people to think this thing is going to be banned and they will pay $2,400 for weapon that cost the dealer $595. Kel-tec did thier home work and this thing is not going to be banned. Hope you did not buy from that thief.

5. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Drinking coffee at B&N today and G&W for LE Magazine had an article on it.

One double feed that occurred but other than that, they liked it.

Once price drops, I'll be more than happy to give a range report here.