close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I got the Hemi in me!

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by geminicricket, Jul 10, 2004.

1. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Apr 26, 2001
    Lewisville, TX USA
    Went out test-driving.

Toyota Corolla - simple and effective at moving simply. No
    Toyota Camry V6 - Better at moving comfortably and smartly. Maybe
    Toyota Camry Solara V6 - I liked the GPS and all the top trim options in it, and might have bought it.

All the Toyota test drives happened because the local Toyota dealer sent me a card worth a $3000 discount this weekend. When I was mulling over the Solara, I recalled that the price with discount was just about what Chrysler wanted for a 300, so I excused myself and went to the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Subaru dealer.

There, I drove a Dodge Magnum R/T. There is no disappearing discount on the Magnum R/T, it's list price is about the same as I'd pay for a Solara tomorrow if I wanted to buy the Solara. After driving the Magnum R/T, it's no contest.

The Magnum R/T moves to the top of my list.

The salesman dropped a name. He said that Deion (That would be Sanders, for those of you in Rio Linda) bought a completely loaded Chrysler 300C sight unseen. The Magnum R/T is the wagon version of the 300C. It is 100 pounds heaver, and has all the same drivetrain and suspension components. It is a WOW car. Wow, I can almost comfortably afford the WOW car that I want. Good price! Maybe next year.

2. TriggerRider

TriggerRider Premium Man

Dec 8, 2003
    Indianapolis
    geminicricket - Your auto story is 'interesting' and well-written ..........however , what does this have to do with motorcycles ? ^8

3. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Apr 26, 2001
    Lewisville, TX USA
    Motorcycles? Well the Magnum R/T might be able to attract a winger off his bike.

4. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Billings, Montana

This forum is simply the "Moto Club" with absolutely no description.