I got reloaded Friday..............

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Hogpauls, Mar 5, 2012.

1. with a new one of these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'll be out of the game for a bit. Note to self: That funny beeping isn't coming from the new cell phone.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Reloaded ammo Reloading Jul 21, 2015
    40 S&W in Sig new reloaded Reloading Jun 6, 2015
    Cost per reloaded round Reloading Feb 3, 2015
    COPS Reloaded >> 380 ACP FAIL Caliber Corner Oct 22, 2014
    Reloaded my first rounds today!! Reloading Aug 27, 2014

3. I have seen one of those in action, malfunctioning. Needless to say the guy was NOT enjoying himself. It just so happened the medics that came to that call, didn't have the unit that disables them. I hope that never happens to you, and that your new unit doesn't have any FTD's or FTRPSHR's.

Best of luck to you! I hope your new device keeps you around here for many years to come!!!

#2 Meathead9, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  4. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

I don't know of any EMS agency that carries the equipment to disable them, they're pretty high tech..

I've seen several people with them firing, definitely not fun for anyone.

5. No, it is not a good day when they fire. Luckily I've only experienced this once which was enough.

6. AMR here in CA claims to have them, but then again I've never actually seen one.

#5 Meathead9, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  7. So, what is it?

8. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Defibber?

9. Those are nifty devices, I hope the new one serves you well.

Some EMS agencies carry pacemaker magnets, which will change the mode of the device. The new mode will vary based on how the device is programmed. Implanted defibrillators are almost always disabled when a magnet is held over the device.

Those are powerful magnets, and you are in no danger from household magnets.

10. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Good to know. I'll start carrying a hard drive magnet in case the greater at walmart gets pushy.

11. Bingo. Secondary function is pacing. The new one at the rate I use it should last maybe 7 to 10 years.