Glock Talk banner

I got a new toy!!!

14K views 99 replies 20 participants last post by  Quack 
#1 ·
Pictures will follow tomorrow, but we'll see if anyone can guess what it be! I would post photos, but i have a family party that i have to get to.

#80 ·
Wow this took a long time to get up!

Just put my order in with Hilton for a rear sight and trigger, going to go with either an EB or WC single side safety, and Im thinking about getting some VZ Aliens for it. Eventually, I want to get rid of SA's MSH, but that will be a little down the road. I would love doing some custom work on this. Checkering FS, Weld on magwell, flush cut slide stop. HMMM priorities!!
Congrats! :cool:

#85 ·
I've been lusting over a couple EMPs I saw that were worked over by John Harrison...
Ya they look sharp. The ones Ive liked were done by Cold Creek Custom? I think that was the name. Their on GB.

They put a Heine magwell on it, checkered the FS, tuned internals, and serrated the rear of slide, and i think some more but im loving the magwell and checkering

#91 ·
:agree:

If I got an EMP...it would go to JH.
The reason I wouldnt send it to him is because I dont really want to customize is, basically just fix its flaws. i.e. checkering, TS, and possibly magwell!

I'd actually prefer leaving the rest of the gun the way it is.

But if Mr. Rogers wanted to pick up the EMP project, I would get golfballs all over that darn EMP LOL

#95 · (Edited)
It's Canyon Creek in Illinois. Rich does nice work.

added pic

Springfield EMP 9mm These guns make a great carry or backup weapon, I add a few mods to make them better to handle. This one has the factory front tritium sight with a Heinie Slant Pro rear just serrated, snake bellied top, 40 lpi serrations on the back of the slide, slide edges beveled, 25 lpi checkering on the front strap, a Heinie magwell with the front radiused out for a good support of your little finger, a 20 lpi checkered mainspring housing blended into the magwell, trigger guard is under cut, grip safety blended for a higher grip, ambi safety, trigger job set at 3.5#, barrel has been crowned, aluminum frame coated in KG Gun-Kote flat black, the slide is black with the flats polished, gun comes with 3 mags one of which has been shortened for a flush fit, Larry Davidson's "Monkey grips" fitted to the magwell and rounded butt, and solid aluminum trigger.

#100 ·
Is there anything special needed to do the heine magwell on the emp, or is it pretty straight forward?
it's easy to do if you are a machinist
you have to chop some of the grip frame off and drill holes to install it.
you also have to modify the grips

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.