close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i got a 1911 want to shift to 38 revolver...can u consider this as downgrade?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by shotokan99, Dec 15, 2005.

1. shotokan99

shotokan99
    Expand Collapse

2. Froggy_131

Froggy_131
    Expand Collapse
    Bubblehead

It's not a downgrade if you are replacing a local 1911 with an imported revolver. ;f

3. shotokan99

shotokan99
    Expand Collapse

im thinking about taurus, a bit cheaper. what u guys think?

will i go for 38,mag 22, or 357?

4. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

22mag is a waste of money, IMO.
    Get the 357, you can shoot 38spl with it.
    You're thinking of 4 inch barrel right?

pm sent.

vega

5. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

Hey, dont you have a single action .22 mag? I thought I saw a picture of it that you posted. Any bad experience with it? I had none with mine. BTW mine is a 3 1/2 inch barreled S&W M51 backed up by 2 HKS speedloaders. I was thinking of converting it to 2 inch for concealed carry so I wouldn't have to buy a new snubbie. Kaya lang naghinayang ako kasi its my most useful gun. I shoot it more often tha any other gun that I own.

shotokan99: Downgrade. Nah. Only if you take the paltik route. by all means if you feel you'll be more comfortable with a revolver. Im a revolver man myself. I owned or was issued at one time or another a S&W Model 10, Colt Detective Special, Colt Phyton, a couple of snubbies, a NAA mini revolver. Now I only have my .22 magnum. Its just recently that went to pistols. But still a revolver man in my heart. Which makes me think again. Ayaw pa kasi ibenta sa kin ng isang fellow BOG yung Colt Detective Special nya e. Tagal ko na inaawitan sa kanya yun e.;f

6. vega

vega
    Expand Collapse

Yes I do have a SA 22LR with extra cylinder for 22MAG. I think Shotokan wants a revo for carry, based on his other thread. What I meant, if he buys 22Mag now, he will crave for a higher caliber in the future. I'm just doing the shortcut for him.

vega

7. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

I agree. Go with serious defensive calibers first. Fun guns and small calibers should follow later

8. New_comer

New_comer
    Expand Collapse

Nope.

I'd call that a change in taste...

Like changing from filter to menthol cigarretes,
    choco to coffee,
    rice to bread...

Yours is from SA to DA,
    semi to revo
    complex to basic.

But you're still a pistolero; and pistoleros carry the 357 and practice often with the 38spl ;)

9. shotokan99

shotokan99
    Expand Collapse

yes, i need something to be my daily carry? is 38 load +p enough na or i really need to go for 357? kaya lang most snubs 5 rds lang..dont u guys feel its too few?

10. New_comer

New_comer
    Expand Collapse

38spl +p is a good defensive round in the better brands. Try to look for Remington, Winchester and Speer as your carry ammo. But most of all, nothing beats practicing a lot with your snubby, to the point that you could critically hit a target from 7 yards out, one or two handed from the draw in a blink of an eye. That's how fast you need to be to maintain the element of surprise should you ever need to draw it out.

Having only five rounds makes it important for you to hit accurately in a shot or two. If you can't do that against a determined attacker charging towards you, you're history, and the extra 14 rounds in the mag won't count for anything when you're already down and out. ;)

11. shotokan99

shotokan99
    Expand Collapse

guys here in phils..wat do i need to process/prepare in order for me to carry my snub legally

12. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

P12,000.00. for PTC. I think most gunstores will assist you with this. Im not sure if the price still stands. Mas mahal pa PTC mo kesa sa baril if you want to carry armscor revolver. Why bother? The government can cancel it anytime if they feel the need to do grandstanding and posturing. It not worth paying this government for priviledges just so they can screw us out of our hard-earned money anytime they want. Hindi naman nila ibabalik yung pera mo kung mabigyan ka ng PTC ngayon at i-cancel nila bukas. Pagkuha nga lang ng sukli sa binayaran mo pahirapan pa e.

13. shotokan99

shotokan99
    Expand Collapse

how much the running price now of 38 2" snub shall we say from taurus? which is more cheaper..ruger or taurus? i cut off s&w from my list..expensive.

14. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

P16,000.00 + licenses and processing of requirements. All in all about P22,000.00.

15. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

If you're totally comfortable with a revolver, I don't see it as a downgrade.

16. theTactician

theTactician
    Expand Collapse

well, i dont think its a downgrade coz for me semi-automatic pistols and revolvers are of different categories. If you dont like pistols anymore, then go ahead and try the revolvers.

Yes, Taurus would be nice. Get the .357 magnum tracker. astig.

17. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

^8
    Akala ko ba P9,800 na lang ngayon ang alok ng PTCFOR?
    'Appearance' processing 'yan.

18. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper
    Expand Collapse

Most gun fights (in my readings) wont last more than 5 shots...unless mag ala Jaworski kalaban mo at ratratin ka ng m16...;f

If your serious with revolvers, go for S&W, tried and tested na yan! I have a model 64 snubbie and walang kapalag-palag!

Though its a bit bulky for my size...

S&W model 64

19. Valor1

Valor1
    Expand Collapse
    Pro Paingiver

If you are going the revolver route, buy the better ones made by Colt, S&W, Ruger, Manurhin, Korth etc. The Taurus is good but it is a hit and miss. Resale value is also lower on the Tauri. If you are inspired by the revolvers, go research on Jerry Miculek.:)

20. PMMA97

PMMA97
    Expand Collapse
    MNSAmessdetail

Last time I was in FED ( which was only a day after you were there } the PTC "fee" was at 9T petots with appearance. But after a day or two I got a call from Bell Firearms formerly Ultra Systems and they informed me that they could assist me in acquiring a PTC for my CZ75B which I got from them for only 16T with only a 1x1 picture as requirement. Pwede pa daw hulugan up to a year to pay ;f