Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

I fixed my brass in the face problem.

Discussion in 'The 21 Club' started by vaquero aleman, May 6, 2012.

1. vaquero aleman

vaquero aleman "ah-lay-mahn"

Jan 9, 2009
    The Wild Wild West
    I have a G21 and like many G21 shooters, that I have read about, I experienced brass flying back into my face when shooting 45 ACP or 45 Super.

I was doing a deep clean on my slide one day and I lost my spring loaded bearing. Rather than wait for the replacement parts I put the slide back together and went to the shootin hole. While shooting I realized that the brass was being flung into a small area off to my right, NOT INTO MY FACE!

So, when I finally did get my replacement bearings, I cut about one and a half curls (about the thickness of the bearing head) out of the depressor plunger spring and reassembled the slide. I just happened to be in the middle of converting my G21 into a .460 Rowland Zombie Gun so I had to wait a while to get back to the shootin hole.

I finally got my G21 turned into a .460 Rowland Zombie Gun, took my Georgia Arms .460 Rowland 230gr ammo to the shootin hole and fired about 14 rounds, which I felt was adequate for a test run @ $1 per round. I was very pleased to note that the brass was still being flung off to the right and not back into my face. I have successfully fixed my brass in the face problem. Hallelujah!
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. Kyle M.

Kyle M.

May 14, 2012
    Bucyrus OH
    Hmm... Ill have to try this with my g21, I dont so much get brass to the face so much as brass to the arms, shoulders, and the top of my head bouncing off my ear muffs.

3. IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008
    Is that a muzzle brake on the barrel?
  4. vaquero aleman

vaquero aleman "ah-lay-mahn"

Jan 9, 2009
    The Wild Wild West

That is an EFK Firedragon 45acp compensator. Which I no longer attach because I cut the threads off of my LWD 45TH in order to facilitate EDC. I removed the black finish and polished it some, so it looks nothing like what you will see @

Considering the fact that I was using the comp to help build a 460 Rowland G21, I was not impressed with it's ability to compensate my gun.
    Last edited: May 25, 2012