close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I finally cast my vote against the GOP Establishment

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by beforeobamabans, May 8, 2012.

1. With pride and perseverance, I finally cast my votes today for Ron Paul for President of the United States and Richard Mourdock (vs. Dick Lugar) for Senator of the United States.

Now, it's up to the rest of you to make a difference.

2. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    Whooooo!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    not the squad,

but remember what Perot

did for clinton.

4. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Perot didn't do anything for Clinton. People who didn't vote for Perot failed to elect Perot.

Same with Ron Paul. Those who vote for Obama Lite are voting against Ron Paul (and the change we need.)

5. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Remember what a weak republican candidate did for Clinton and Obama.

6. Mitt Romney is a younger, hipper Bob Dole. I can't include McCain even though he was a terrible candidate. He is a patriot.

7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    When the results are in, please let us know how the candidates you voted for did.

8. What did Perot do for Clinton in the primary?

9. Will do. The Indiana results will be interesting and telling. In the Senate race, Mourdock was 10 points ahead four days ago in a very reliable local poll. Unfortunately, this news only served to stimulate a lot of last minute mud slinging and probably dirty tricks by the establishment in a desperate attempt to save Lugar's career.

On the presidential side, we had three candidates on the ballot: Romney, Gingrich and Paul. It will be interesting to see if our relatively conservative Republican population caves in for the frontrunner or lodges a protest vote as I have.

10. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
    He took away enough votes to cause the Republicans to lose the white house the same thing will happen with Paul and give Obama his second term.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    Not by running in the Primary.

12. creaky

creaky Pamwe Chete

Dec 12, 2007
    The Orion Spur
    Excellent. The wife and I, after a period of reflection cast ours for Rick Santorum, as his platform most closely represented our thoughts on some of the major issues of the day. He lost of course, but we made our choice known.

Ain't America great?

13. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    Glad to hear you made it out to vote! I find myself leaning towards Ron Paul in the upcoming election in November. As much as many here hate to hear about him, he is the better cantidate hands down. People just aren't going to support him in fear of the hype that he can't win. So, they fall into the "Romney is still better than Obama and can win" crowd.

Romney is just a watered down version of Obama. I hate the fact that this flip flopping, gun grabbing, big government liberal is out there attempting to represent a party that is supposed to be promoting the direct opposite!

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  14. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    The only quality Romney has over Obama, the fact that he's not Obama, is a quality all the candidates have.

It still baffles me how he was the one who was chosen as "able to win." Out of all the candidates except Santorum, including the ones who have dropped out already, Romney's probably the least likely to win.

It's McCain all over again. It's as if Obama has been given the option, in both elections, to hand-pick his opponent.

15. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    We should not let the little blue states go first, ever again.
    1. Let the 10 most populous red states go first, by at least 2 weeks.
    2. Reverse the current order.
    3. Have all the states vote on the same day.

The current order almost insures that the most liberal candidate is chosen for both parties.

16. The only reason Santorum, Gingrich et al dropped out is that they couldn't keep pace in the money marathon. You get a bottomless money pit organization like the Mormon church behind a candidate and truthfully, they can't lose. Sad but true. Think about that next time you choose to stay at a Marriott.

17. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    I am just as baffled as you are my friend. I really don't get how Romney is the nominee given his record. He is truely in every sense of the word a RINO. The Republican party has steered so far away from the foundation that they were set upon by true conservitaves.

I am really having a hard time dealing with the thought that Romney is the one that the republican establishment has put in front of us. This is just an 08' rerun.

18. The real question is, what are you going to do about it?

19. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    As much as I hate to admit it, I really haven't done much to this point besides voting. I really need to get out and more involved in throwing these establishment RINO leeches on their asses.