close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i F@cked up

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stang68, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stang68

stang68

Sup every one this happened to me yesterday and I thought I'd share it. I went to the range with by buddy and my cuz. I had brought my G-23 and my lonewolf 40 to 9mm barrel. We shot about 100rds of 40 then I was going to switch over to the 9mm barrel. I loaded up some mags and walked up to the line taped, racked, aimed and fired. Wait something didn't feel right....... ****. I just shot a 9mm round threw my 40 barrel. Now it didn't do any damage and the only thing hurt was my pride for making such a stupid mistake. All I'm taking with me from this stupid mistake is that soon as your stop paying attention for one second you could make a mistake that could hurt your self or someone around you.

2. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Amen. Glad it was just your pride that was hurt.
    Thanks for the reminder,
    Dano :harley:

3. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

It's ok, man, we all make mistakes. It's just a good thing no one got hurt. I have a feeling you will regret posting this thread. Every time I try to be selfless and post some sort of "I messed up" thread so that others can learn from it, I get flamed. Hopefully, that won't happen, but if so, don't worry about them. They are just mall ninjas that were abused in high school. Glad you weren't hurt, and thanks for having the courage to share your mistakes with us.

4. Judge Roy Bean

Judge Roy Bean

When most folks post about this happening they say something to the affect of "it just didn't feel right." Can you elaborate on that. Just curious, not bashing.

Glad you and your cuz is alright.

5. Just1More

Just1More

This is why I don't go to public ranges.

6. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

Glad to hear that you are not hurt

7. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

We all are making mistakes, just not all of us have the balls big enough to admit to it...while some of us have them so small that they will jump on You instantly.
    Thanks for sharing, never enough of those stories.

8. papaac

papaac

This happened to me shooting a .40 round through my P220. I didn't get a second shot because the case split inside the chamber. "It didn't feel right" sums it up for me too, but it's one of those "you had to be there" things that can't be explained.

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

By didn't feel right, they probably mean a subtle difference in sound when the round chambered, a different sound when the round went off and a different feel if the slide moved at all after the round was fired.

I saw a 40 that was fired in a 45. Imagine a reverse bottle neck being fire formed in the chamber. It stuck in the chamber and blocked the next round from entering.

10. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

It happens more often than you think.:whistling:

11. BARobinson

BARobinson

LOL, yeah you did, but I just did the same thing about 2 weeks ago. Just bought a Glock 27 and made short work of the little 9 round mags that came with it so I slapped a Glock 22 mag in it ( or so I thought) turned out it was one of my Glock 17 mags. Was all set for some kick but all I got was a little pop sound when I pulled the trigger and no kick or recoil at all. the two mags look just alike and I keep them separate but also grabbed the Glock 22 mags for my new 17 when I went to a match. Cought that one when I was loading up though. Shooting IPSC with just two mags sucks lol. I seen I believe Glockstore.com had them the colored baseplate. I might try that or duracoat. would be nice so I dont mistakenly shoot my carry rounds at the range. I have done this a few times. The G17 is my first 9mm only ever bought 40 so need to find a system that will work.

But that little 27 is undamaged. I field stripped it and looked it over and not a thing was wrong. Still, want to make damn sure it never happens again.

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

Other than possibly having to pry a split case out, I have never heard of damage done by shooting a 9mm in a .40.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  13. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Did you just say 'sup'?:rofl:

14. Edmo01

Edmo01

I almost did this once...

When you have both 40 S&W and 9mm Glocks and their mags on the bench it can happen... Regardless of caliber, the 9 & 40 mags will fit in the wrong gun.

I number all of my mags, so my numbered labels now includes caliber also. I try to keep things separated, but now I check the labels also.

Edmo

15. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Sup? Yo.
    Why fo you be shotin' 9mm bang bang, fru yo fo-tay.
    Yo.

:whistling:

Sorry. Just bustin' your chops a little.

Glad you're not hurt.
    At least you didn't try to squeeze a .40 through your 9mm barrel.:supergrin:

I know of a guy that couldn't get a .45 acp reload to chamber, and smacked the back of the slide on his 1911, and had a ND, and sent the 230 gr RN lead bullet through his left leg.
    NO. . . it was NOT me!!
    Fortunately, this guy didn't hit bone.
    The bullet did hit the concrete firing line, the bullet broke into multiple pieces, and some of the fragments 'stung' a young boy (didn't even break skin!), that was on the firing line with his Dad.

Accidents happen. Strive to pay attention, so that they don't happen to you!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  16. YardDogOne

YardDogOne Glockaholic

yep, it happens, had several glocks on the bench at the same time, my son picked up what he thought was the 19 and did his thing, it was a 23 and here is what we got,

simple enough, it just didn't have the power to eject the case fully

[​IMG]

17. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

had a guy on the line a few days ago who looked to be shooting a g19 - after every round he had to rack tap to get it going again. Being a Glock person myself I was more than a little interested to see what was going on. After about 5 rounds I went over to see if I could assist - he was shooting with a lonewolf .40 barrel but using his 9mm ammo. Nothing hurt but his pride - thank God - but a lesson I am sure he will never forget.

18. simian5353

simian5353

I pulled this stunt with a 12ga pump shotgun. I put a 16ga shell through it, funny thing was I did not even own a 16ga!

By not feeling right, you could just tell through everything that happened, the gun did not "kick" right, the shell did not eject, and most of all, the sound was muffled. The Range Officer actually told me that He had to check on me because he thought I may have eaten my barrel, the sound was so different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.