close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I don't like that!

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Mar 30, 2012.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Have you ever not liked something but you never tried it? I was that way with Dr. Pepper and wheat bread, I would walk around saying that those two tasted like crap, but I had never even tried them. When I was in college I finally broke down and tried them and it was love at first taste on both.:rofl::rofl:

2. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Uncle Frankie says to never say you don't like something you haven't tried. I tried several foods while staying with them that were pretty good.

3. digitalmike47

digitalmike47

Jul 9, 2009
    Virginia
    So what do you do? Do you pour the Dr. Pepper on the bread like a pancake, or do you dip your bread in the Dr. Pepper?

4. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008
    Guacamole.

I always thought it looked like puke and smelled like crap. But I dated a girl who was a guac fiend, I tried it, and now I love it.

5. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Jan 3, 2006
    Humble, TX
    When I was younger, in my teens, I was very much against eating game meat. Later on, I fell in with a bunch of hunters who KNOW how to cook AND shoot! I always get some of the game meat, especially the past five years when I've been weak and doing poorly from fighting Leukemia. I have been able to do a little squirrel and dove hunting. I've just been told I'm in Cancer remission and a good pal in the San Antonio area has invited me to come over and shoot some feral hogs. We plan on taking several. There is a food shelter in that area that a local butcher puts up game meat for them. He's coming with us overnight with a refrigerated meat truck, AND his cousin who is a priest, and my friend who is a Baptist deacon and EMS. We'll pray over the animals and also for a good, safe hunt, and proceed to shootin:wavey: All prayers and good thoughts are welcome:faint:

6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    eat and drink'em separate:supergrin::rofl:

7. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    My thoughts will be with you my friend, I hope all will be well:angel:

8. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Always pray for a safe hunt, and a good hunt.

Always thank your noble prey for giving its flesh to your nourishment and the nourishment of your family.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    About 99% of what is on Andrew Zimmern's shows.

10. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    I didn't like Glock(s) when I first heard about them (and read about them).

Then, my local sportsman's club accepted the offer from GSSF to hold a match at our club.

We were loaned several Glocks. G17 and G21.
    I thought they sounded like 'rubberband guns' when dry-fired.

Then, I shot both. :wow: Shoots very well!!
    Now. . . look at my signature, and there's a couple more on the bucket list.:supergrin:

11. Dinky

Dinky Numpty

May 22, 2003
    Spotted Dick----Won't know if you like it till you try it.....:rofl:

I like it:tongueout:

12. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    It's good stuff for sure, Dinky:eat:

13. I use this rationale on anti-gunners. If I meet someone who says they don't like guns, I always ask them if they've ever fired one. Usually, they'll say no. I then invite them to the range, my treat. The ones that agree, probably about 25% of them, are usually hooked before the first magazine from the .22 pistol is empty.

14. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    That's awesome my friend:thumbsup:

15. SC Tiger

SC Tiger EL GATO!

Aug 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    I can think of a few things but don't want to get the thread locked.

One I will say though - liver. My dad won't eat it and I won't eat it. Same with chitlins. Pretty much any internal organ is on my do-not-eat list.

(and before someone mentions what's in cheap hamburgers and hot dogs, I already know)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  16. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    That phase ended when I got into my 20's.
    I'm not a picky eater anymore and like to try new things.
    The foods I don't like I've tried at least once. :wavey:

17. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    nope, if i look at something and my brain or my stomach immediately rejects the idea of putting it in my mouth i figure there's probably a pretty good reason for it.

spinach is a perfect example. i don't like green vegetables to begin with but spinach is particulalrly repulsive to me, but i followed my mothers advice and tried it once to be sure. i haven't puked that much or that hard since the infamous "seawall balcony bender" incident of 2006. never again. from now on i'll just trust my brain/gut combo.

18. Kikon

Kikon Apprentice

Jan 21, 2012
    Santiago, Chile
    Kidneys...... I can't even stand the smell of it! YUK!