close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I don't even know where to start..

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by Sendarr, May 21, 2011.

1. Sendarr

Sendarr

May 12, 2004
    Tampa,Florida
    So today I was relaxing on the couch, checking out this fnp-45 on my laptop. When all of a sudden there's a knock at my door. It's a cop, to serve me with paperwork. Basically, my girlfriends older daughter doesn't like her mommy being with anyone or taking any attention from her. So she tells her daddy that I'm mean to her and I make her stand in the corner in time-out and so on.

So he's filed a restraining order against me on the childs behalf. Here's the messed up part. The cop tells me I'm going to court next month on this issue, and that he has to take posssesion of all my firearms and ammunition. He tells me the ammo will likely be destroyed for "safety reasons" and that I may or may not ever get the guns back.

He goes onto say " you know how you have a drivers license in this state? thats just like your guns, it's a priviledge." I'm so frustrated right now, I can barely think straight.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? I hope I'm posting in the correct forums and that people actually read this one.

2. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Jun 11, 2002
    New Mexico & Michigan
    First I never heard of a cop being able to file a TRO on someone behalf (not where I served) Second never heard of a TRO restricting ammo. I would be running to find a lawyer if I were you, not wasting my times asking us.

3. StowAJ

StowAJ

May 5, 2011
    Did he already take your stuff?

If so, did you get an itemized reciept of everything?

Did you get any of this stuff he told you in writing?

How would he even know you owned any guns unless you volunteered that information?

Or if he knew, how would he know how many and of what type?

I'm not going to hoist the BS flag, but this doesn't sound right. Or if this happened, I'm guessing it was just some dude with a fake badge and you got robbed.

4. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Aug 25, 2005
    Florida
    I agree this just doesn't sound right.

5. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    How old is the daughter? What did her mother say about it?