close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I can't rent a gun without an FOID in IL

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by JoleBole, Mar 27, 2009.

1. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    I'm planing to get a Glock soon. I already applied for a FOID few weeks ago and while I'm waiting, I decided to rent one before I decided which one to get, but obviously I can't rent a gun to shoot at any range in IL without a FOID. Is that stupid or what?

I hate these stupid guns laws in IL :steamed:

2. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

Jul 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, very stupid... but you can't shoot by yourself unless you have a FOID card, so you much be shooting with someone? If so, have them rent it and then you can shoot it.

If you are anywhere near Aurora, I'll meet up with you at JR Shooting Sports and rent one for you. I try to shoot at least once a month, once every two months at the longest.

I'm heading out to Buffalo Range Shooting Park April 5th...

3. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    Yeah man, that will be great. Aurora is like 15 min away from me. I'm available this weekend so let me know if it's OK with you. lol

4. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

Come to Springfield, I will let you shoot my 21, 30 and 26, I will even provide the ammo.

5. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks man. A appreciate in a lot. I will let you know if I plan to go down south. IL Glockers RULE!

6. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    It's not a gun-law issue. It's a personal decision made by gun-shop owners not to put guns in people's hands unless they possess FOID cards. Keep in mind - many of these owners are terrorized by the BATFE and even local police at times.

I'm heading to Buffalo Rock on April 22nd.

7. ZIG-ZAG

ZIG-ZAG

Mar 6, 2009
    ILLANDANOID
    the illinois state police got my aplication (i let my old card expire) on jan.3rd....i'm still waiting for my card :crying:

i called a few weeks ago and they told me they were not sure why it hasn't gone out yet......so i called back this week...the lady says....it should be there in a couple weeks :wow:

illandanoid sucks!!!!!!!

8. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    From the ISRA website...

9. metro273

metro273 Glock 19 Rocks!

Jan 24, 2009
    "Crook County", IL
    I went to Maxon and applied for the FOID...back in the beginning of January!
    Just got the FOID about a week ago...:faint:

10. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    OMG. 3 months wait? That's just ridiculous. I applied a month ago. So I guess August... :crying:

11. metro273

metro273 Glock 19 Rocks!

Jan 24, 2009
    "Crook County", IL
    ^^^When I called to inquire on the status of my FOID, they told me to wait another 30 days cause they had a 51 day backlog of applications!
    2 weeks later, I get it!...:supergrin:

12. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    I guess a lot of people including me are trying to get their FOID while they still can. To bad I can't rent one while I wait...at least I'll know which model to get. Cuz I'm planing to buy it the very first day when I get my FOID :cool:

13. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

Come to Clinton, we can run down to Springfield(45miles) and shoot at the indoor range.
    Bullet Express Indoor Shooting Range.
    I have a few Glocks and a few 1911s a few XDs and a few revolvers:cool::cool:
    Edit=any time is good, I got laid off today.

14. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    When ? :embarassed:

15. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

16. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    How about Sunday? If you are available...I don't wanna ruin your weekend plans ;-).

17. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

Sunday would be just fine.
    I think they open at 10 and are open till 5.
    They have 7 or 8 lanes, and a big gun shop:cool:
    I will call them today and ask them if you can shoot with me, even though you don't have a FOID card.

18. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Mar 14, 2009
    Illinois
    Great. I hope they let me. Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

19. Markcuda

Markcuda A gun a month

I will call them and if they say you are good to go, I will PM you.
    You can either come to my house(Clinton) and we can drive down in my truck, or what ever you feel compfortable with.
    Just let me know.