close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I can't decide between...

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by polkhigh, Dec 28, 2009.

1. polkhigh

polkhigh

Sep 6, 2009
    Virginia
    LMT CQB MRP Defender Model 16
    Colt 6940
    Daniel Defense M4 Carbine

I am in the market for AR and have narrowed it down to these three. I actually had it down to the LMT and Colt but just found a deal on the DDM4 that I might not be able to give up ($1295). However, I am not too fond of the extended rail of the DDM4.

I've looked at the "chart" and I think anyone of these will be a great rifle, but wanted to get some opinions from the crowd, first hand experience?

Any advice for this AR newb?

2. Kegel

Kegel

May 9, 2009

Get a Noveske and be done with it. You'll never look back.

3. markman

markman

Dec 30, 2004
    N. IL
    You should also take a look at what Bravo Co. offers.

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Either of the three would be a fine choice.
    But, I'd agree with Kegel, a Noveske would be the shiznits!

5. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Agree with taking a look at Noveske and BCM. I personally went with Bravo, just because I like building my own.

6. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    Can't go wrong with any of those. My choice would be a BCM Middy (or Noveske Recce if it's in your price range).

7. I have both the Colt and LMT. By far that LMT is my favorite. The ability to change barrels easily is a plus. (I intend to SBR it someday.) To me the quality of the LMT beats the Colt, an example is the front sight on the Colt.

8. Kegel

Kegel

May 9, 2009
    It was between the LMT and Noveske Recce when I bought mine. The mid length gas system and barrel is what sold me.

9. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Sep 15, 2005
    Oahu HI
    I just bought a Bravo Co. middy and it is very nice. Shoots really well and is very high quality stuff. I got the one with the DD Lite rail on it and put an Eotech 512 and a surefire on the side on my Bushmaster lower. Very happy with it and it shoots like a dream.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I know a guy that's been trying to decide on an upper.
    That has been one of his choices, that one is a great deal!

11. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Sep 15, 2005
    Oahu HI
  12. HogGlocker

HogGlocker Owner Since 88'

From years of using and toting this weapon through good, bad, ugly and worse.....not trying to spill any of the kool-aid out of the Colt cup either.....I'd say go LMT or the Bravo components.

Noveske...sure...seriously good hardware.

LMT or Bravo will serve you just as well and you can have some extra boot for necessary items.

13. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I would definitely include BCM into your consideration.

14. USMC03

USMC03

May 3, 2001
    Southern Colorado
    LMT make an excellent AR. I own 4 of their standard AR's. That being said every person that I personally know that has purchased a LMT MRP, ended up selling it.

I have 3 Colt LE6920's. I have shot the Daniel Defense guns but have never owned one.

I wrote the following on another forum a few hours ago:

I own 3 Colt LE6920's. I own several BCM guns.

I have used both at work, in training classes, training at work, personal training, and in competition.

If you look at rob_s' comparison and spec charts: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&gid=5 you can see that they are exactly the same as far as features go (BCM has one more check mark - Lifetime Warranty).

With the Colt you are limited to basically a 11.5" barrel, 16" carbine barrel, or 20" rifle barrel.

BCM is over $100 less than Colt and BCM offers 11.5" barrels, 12.5" barrels, 14.5" carbine and mid legnt barrels, 16" carbine and mid-length barrels, 18" barrels, 20" barrels, and they also include complete uppers with rail systems from KAC, Larue, Daniel Defense, Midwest Industries, PRI, and others.

There is a reason BCM has become so popular. Quality that is on par with Colt, cheaper price, outstanding customer service, supporter of the Wounded Warrior project, supporter of the shooting sports (competition & training classes), and limitless choices.

I would take a hard look at www.bravocompanyusa.com ...... superior product, excellent customer service, outstanding price.

15. Jeff,
    Out of curiosity, what is your relationship with Bravo Company? I have noticed that your photographs and website show watermarks bearing the BCM logo, yet you refer to Bravo Company as if you are only an enthusiast. :dunno:

Please don't take this post as being accusative, I'm just confused on the matter.

Semper Fi,
    Dan

ETA: To the OP, all of the choices you listed are excellent rifles. If you decide that the monolithic setup is most important to you, then I would go with the Colt. If you don't care about that aspect, then I would go with the Daniel Defense. That being said, my opinion is completely subjective. You can't go wrong with the options you listed. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  16. crusader4x

crusader4x

Feb 3, 2009
    I went with the BCM middy just a couple of months ago. LOVE IT!

17. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    You will learn to love the extended rail as it allows you to put your light up front and your hand where it belongs on the hand guard. Plus the DD is a hell of a deal right now.
    Pat

18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I like the full extended rails like the Colt Monolithic and Stag 2HT. Seamless rail so you can mount whatever you want and not worry about the gaps for the delta ring getting in the way or whatnot.

19. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    USMC03 is a regular and respected poster here and a moderator at other forums. He is only plugging a company he has had good luck with. Hell I will plug Bravo Company they are great!!
    Pat