close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I brought home a new Colt Delta Elite today!!!

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by 21Carrier, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    So, after much debate and waiting, I finally had the time and money to go buy myself an early Christmas present: a new-in-box Colt Delta Elite. I have been lusting after this gun since I first saw it. I know some aren't the biggest fans, but to me, a new, stainless, Colt 1911 chambered in 10mm is pretty damn awesome. I'm not a fan of buying used guns unless it is no longer produced. I have been looking for a new Delta for a while, but they are only released in batches, and hard to find. So, when I walked into my local gun shop and saw this one sitting there (next to a perfect used one), I knew I had to have it. I quickly pushed the local used S&W 1076 out of my mind, and went for the Delta. Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

2. 21Carrier

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    A few more:

[​IMG]

The new family member meets its brothers (G29 and G20LS/21SF):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. How did the other one look, Carrier? No takedown scratch? Any wear scratches on the barrel hood?

4. 21Carrier

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    Thanks! Damn! I meant to take pictures of the used one up there for you. I got excited and forgot. If you're still interested in it, I'll go take some pics Saturday. It's only a mile or two from my house, and I might go shoot at their new indoor range. It looks perfect, though. I didn't see if the left side has the so-called "idiot scratch", but I don't think so.

By the way, I got a pretty good deal on it. I talked them down to $917 (or something like that, $1,000 out the door) from $975. I haven't seen a new one that cheap ANYWHERE. I was happy with that. I think the lowest I've seen was $925 on the internet, so that's fine with me. I'll be shooting it extensively this weekend, so I'll have a detailed report on it.

5. Thanks Bro. Don't go out of your way, I will let you know when and if I am ready. I was wondering if they would be willing to talk on price. I mean now that the new one is gone, if they would be interested in coming down to $900 or so on the used one. An idiot scratch would most likely be a deal killer for me though.

6. G29SF

G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL

I have one on order (I too have been lusting over a stainless 1911 Delta Elite -- I actually owned an early blued model in the late 80s but sold it... dumb, dumb, dumb :brickwall: ) but have not been thinking about it lately... until now!

They are sexy aren't they?

7. Yep. :cool:

8. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    WOOOOHHHHOOOOOO! Awesome. I want one too. Some day. Some day. Of course looking forward to the range report!

Have fun. Should be a nice pistol.

9. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    Damn Carrier! You got me itchin' for a Delta...Have fun and enjoy that fine piece of American workmanship! On the 100th year of the 1911 too...:cool:

10. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Have you selected a choice round of ammo for its maiden voyage? Something worthy, I presume.

11. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    You got the new one....cool but now I'm Jealous!!! That is one sexy piece brother:wow:

12. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Wow. Very nice.

I'd keep it virgin for awhile.

13. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    Yep, that's real nice looking! Congrats!

Let us know how it shoots. :cool:

14. twisted1

twisted1 head busta

Nov 20, 2011
    louisiana
    Dang she's beautiful! How it shoots?

15. Crosseyed Shooter

Crosseyed Shooter

Jul 11, 2011
    East TN
    Good decision. I got mine last month and have no regrets.

16. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Congrats man! Ive got some catching up to do! First a longslide, then a delta!

17. oceanbob

oceanbob

Jun 26, 2010
    Wow, what a piece of ARTWORK....extremely crisp and handsome. Go buy the used one and shoot that. Save this one for the safe. $

( I know....it's only money..)

:supergrin:

have fun..

You will notice much more recoil on this puppy. But they are very accurate.

Be well, Bob