close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I am so glad it rained today...

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by danattherock, Nov 10, 2011.

1. My buddy and I were heading to the range to shoot some pistols and all of a sudden, the sky got dark and it began to rain pretty hard. We decided to ride to a gun store about 20 miles away with hopes of shooting guns afterwards if the rain died down a bit. I walk into the shop and what do I see on the top shelf? Could it be? Just last night I was asking around for info here on manufacturers of 10mm pistols aside from Glock (I have a G20).

There in front of me today is the Colt Delta Elite. I bought it immediately and went shooting. The gun is day and night from my G20 (that I love). Apples and oranges. No real value to this post, just excited. Almost seemed like fate. I first heard of this gun yesterday, then due to bad weather find it today. The guy at the gun shop said folks had already been calling and emailing about the Colt. Guess it wasn't going to be on the shelf long.

:woohoo:

[​IMG]

Dan

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma

3. Cell phone pic through scratched up glass counter.

Took the pic as soon as I saw the gun.

Texted to the wife my intentions.

The gun shines like a diamond and is flawless.

4. I suspect, NIB and they had just got it in from Colt.

Where would it say the year? I could check of course if I knew what to look for.

5. Glock Master

Glock Master

Apr 4, 2011
  6. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Aug 27, 2002
    If it's NIB and just in from Colt, I'm guessing you got a 2011 model, which I think is just a great way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the greatest pistol ever built!

Colt is pretty accommodating or ask the guys over in the Colt forum on the

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=331176

website.

I just cruised over there to pick up the address and they have a Colt factory rep on that site, I'm sure he could help.

Anyway Cool gun and Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it!

I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to some range reports.

7. OregonG20

OregonG20

Sep 5, 2011
    Oregon
    That is a sweet looking pistol. I am a bit jealous. For me it came down to the G20, and the Colt DE. That thing is beautiful. Hope you give us a range report soon.

8. Well, the first 30 rounds from 10 yards impressed the heck out of me. This is my first 1911 and a new gun so I will have to get used to it. Mix that with mist on my glasses from the rain, accuracy seemed very good. The gun is capable of much better obviously. But for my skill level, this was exceptional accuracy. I pulled a few down low, but most the shots had pretty tight dispersion (for me). Most importantly, it was FUN. The feel of that 1911 trigger was a new experience for me. Like finding a long lost friend.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the link Jitterbug.

9. Get both. Like I said, apples and oranges. They are distinctively different guns. I was initially torn on the idea of buying another 10 mm, not anymore. The Colt is a very different animal. The Glock 20 for me was a very special application tool. On certain trips to Alaska and elsewhere when I would be hiking many miles and being mobile for periods of time, I wanted something I could (would) carry. The S&W 500 is top shelf, but hard to hike 20 miles of river with a fly vest on, backpack, etc.. and carry that beast. The Colt is a precision instrument. The Glock is a battering ram. Love them both, but made for different usages perhaps.

-Dan

10. Damn I'm jealous..

Congrats! She looks like a beautiful sample even through the scratched up glass. If you can, I would love to see some more pics.

11. While still a pic from my phone, here is a better image.

[​IMG]

12. Numerous great pics of my identical gun here on this online review....

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=29

13. But I gotta ask... What did your wife say over the phone? What did you have to give up or promise to do to justify a pistol at almost $1000? I gotta know cuz I have this battle from time to time over a $450 Glock!

14. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

Jul 27, 2011
    CO
    Seems like kind of an impulsive way to spend a grand. :eyebrow: In this case, it turned out well as the Delta Elite is a sweet pistol. I'm envious.

15. My lips are sealed (at the moment)...

16. Not really. Posted this thread 19 hours earlier...

More like fate than impulse.

17. Thanks man. Check out my KKM review.

You are in for a treat when yours comes in:wow: