close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I am officially revoking my respect for John McCain’s service to our countr

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by zeke501, Oct 23, 2013.

1. zeke501

zeke501

Oct 13, 2004
    arkansas
  2. Article is indicative of everything that is wrong with dialogue in America.

3. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    I wouldn't lose respect for his service, it was honorable. But he has **** all over it with his unAmerican political service.

4. ked

ked

Feb 12, 2007
    tennessee
    i certainly appreciate all who have served this country. a sincere Thank You to you.

i do have to agree with this article. McCain has done great harm to this country and he should be removed from the Senate.

ked:steamed:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  5. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

This.

I saw him speak the other night and nearly puked, that he keeps his 'Republican' :upeyes: label ...

6. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    His "service" has nothing to do with the fact that he's a destructive, cancerous influence on our liberty and our future.

7. Frameman

Frameman USMC !968/1970

Apr 21, 2010
    SW- Ohio
    McCain caved for the Vietnamese and caved for the democrats.
    He was/is not a hero of any kind he is a collaborator

8. As for McCain's military service, he can shove it right up his tailpipe as partial penance for the men whose deaths he is personally responsible for....

9. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Thanks Mcain. I never thought my party would be supporting a liberal. You are finally in leagues with your captors.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Your post and the posts of others here are very disrespectful to the brave men and women who've risked their lives to defend this country.

Since when do our brave service members have to meet your personal standards before you respect them? Where does that even come from?

McCain was tortured and still today cannot raise his arms above shoulder level. He did what he had to do to survive.

YOU would have done the same thing to survive in that Vietnamese prison camp.

I can't believe you guys dare to put conditions on a persons military service just because you have a different political opinion.

That is just wrong!

11. Jakestir

Jakestir

Feb 16, 2013
    North central IL
    I don't agree with you very often JB but you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

12. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    How many decades must go by before we have the intellectual honesty to admit that the Vietnam war was a travesty, a farce, and a waste, and that one's "service", or lack thereof, has absolutely no bearing on their fitness to hold public office?

13. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Hopefully we never do.

A person's conduct and bravery under hostile fire brings out that person's true moral character and is a measure of his dedication to others.

Military service, especially in war time, most certainly is a good indicator of a person's fitness for public office.

Just because McCain is sleezeball politician, doesn't mean he isn't a brave man who served his country with honor.

14. Frameman

Frameman USMC !968/1970

Apr 21, 2010
    SW- Ohio
    Although I was not a POW I am a Vietnam veteran, specifically a USMC infantry machine gunner.
    My training ordered us to resist interrogation to the death. Many captives resisted and died. McCain didn't and others died.
    These orders are not my personal standards but the standards of our military organizations.
    I have earned the right to put conditions on Mc Cain just as I have put conditions on John Kerry.
    Neither served honorably

15. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    personally, I respect what he did from 1968-to 1972. he endured torture that none of us will ever know. you want to judge that? let's see how many times you can have your shoulders dislocated before telling the person doing it everything they want to hear.

everything after that is repugnant to me.

16. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    “In history, truth should be held sacred, at whatever cost . . . especially against the narrow and futile patriotism, which, instead of pressing forward in pursuit of truth, takes pride in walking backwards to cover the slightest nakedness of our forefathers.” ― Col. Thomas Aspinwall

17. Is it now? I imagine then that the name "Benedict Arnold" should be kindly embraced for the bulk of his service before he committed treason, in which he was a very great hero of the American revolution...:upeyes:

18. Frameman

Frameman USMC !968/1970

Apr 21, 2010
    SW- Ohio
    Nothing that has or will be said will change the fact that McCain collaborated and his fellow service members paid the price

19. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Can you back up these claims about McCain?

20. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    you don't want to know

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire