close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I am entitled -

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by klmmicro, Nov 12, 2012.

1. So now that Obama has been re-elected, what sort of free stuff do I get? I keep hearing about the give aways of cash and prizes and I want mine. Not being familiar with the utopian programs that have been promised, it sounds like a good time to ask. What is available to help my bottom line and how do I apply?

Here is the list so far:

Food stamps
    Cell phone
    Golf cart
    Subsidized housing
    Free electricity
    Free water
    Healthcare

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

2. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    In the last four years, you could get an electric golf cart...

3. As long as it is a smart phone, I'll take it! Golf cart eh? Hmmm, not sure what I would do with it...but ok, I'll take that too.

4. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    As the list compiles, we might have to "Sticky" this thread to make it a handy reference...

5. Sounds like a great idea! I will add them to my original post as they come in.

6. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    You do realize that most of the post about "free stuff" is pure BS, right?

Sure, if your income level is low enough you can get food stamps.

How much?

One person, drawing the lowest amount of SS retirement ( less than $700.00/month ) can get $159.00/month food stamps.

That's what we call "eatin' high on the hog". :upeyes:

Free phone? Have you ever seen an ObamaPhone? I mean actually seen one with your own eyes and knew it was an ObamaPhone? I have. My Dad has one. It's a cheap $10.00 flip-style Tracfone and has 250 minutes a month. You cannot text, surf the 'net.

They are not Smartphones. You cannot text or surf the 'Net. They are a simple, cheap crappy phone that can only make calls. Anyone who says different is a liar, plain and simple.

Golf cart? Your kidding, right? I know elderly one legged Veterans that cannot get an electric scooter and do you really think they are giving away golf carts at the local DHS office?

Get real.

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone

7. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS
    All I wanted to do was highlight these two contradictory statements. However, I had to type something...

ETA: I wasn't going to highlight the grammar and spelling errors again in his posts.. He must have fired his proof reader.

8. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Trust Spyder to add to the ever growing compilation of his/her "Wit and Wisdom"... :rofl:

A link to a WSJ article about the Obama-inspired tax loophole that resulted in free golf carts:

I have honestly never EVER seen a person so eager to demonstrate his/her ignorance to the world... [​IMG] By the way, here are some others -- although I could easily have missed a few because it's almost impossible to keep up with such rapid-fire displays of stupidity... [​IMG]

Spyder on statistical math:

Spyder opining that Obama won the first debate:

Spyder remarking that he wasn't aware that local law enforcement cooperated with federal law enforcement:

Spyder opining that one has to be a racist to vote for Romney:

Spyder opining that there are no illegals in unions:

Spyder -- somewhat surprisingly, actually speaking a few words of truth:

...And this was a mystifying quote that had nothing to do with anything else that was going on in this particular thread (a clear indication that Spyder hears "voices"):

9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

The thing that really makes it BS is that it's considered "free".

When we don't let poor people live like they are poor, they won't work, and will have to be fed clothed and sheltered by others.

Far as I'm concerned, if they are physically capable of working, they can live in dirt floor homes with a coal fired potbelly stove for heat and walk to the local soup kitchen, limited to 2500 calories a day until they get a job.

I don't know your fathers situation, so I'll refrain from any comments about the leach not landing too far downstream.

10. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

Mar 19, 2010
    Ozarks
    Subsidies for housing, utilities, healthcare, etc.

11. Well...my dad pays for his own damn cell phone.

Ditto for the rest of my family...we pay our own way, thank you.

The difference between the right and the left.

-brickboy240

12. windpoint

windpoint

Feb 23, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Oh No!!! The inhumanity, the inhumanity.

13. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    [ame]http://youtu.be/FY6wwxSUay4[/ame]

Working is for suckas now. Why not quit your job, start whining and applying for "free" stuff.

My answer is that I have an obligation to provide for my family as long as I am able, and to plan to do so after I'm not. I could easily fake PTSD and talk up a few old injuries to get 100% disability and live a life of relative leisure. But I don't believe real men do that. It would also set a bad example for my children who will probably not have that route, because the gravy train will end one day. We will run out of people to borrow money from eventually.

14. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Oh no, it's definitely a problem. I worked for MHDC and HUD for a total of 8 years doing inspections and nobody can tell me entitlements aren't a problem after the things I've seen. Of course that won't stop the right from blowing it way out of proportion since it's one of the few things they're not 100% incorrect on. It's their favorite misdirection away from their sacred cow of military spending which is a much bigger problem but it would be foolish to pretend like we're not wasting billions on entitlement programs.

Food and shelter are obviously things that people need to have in order to be productive as well as health care but things like phones and golf carts are just plain stupid to provide at the taxpayer's expense. There also needs to be a cutoff for everything but the healthcare at some point (5 years tops?) for the people who have just decided that they're more comfortable on the dole than at a job. Limiting the number of kids that benefits will be provided for would be a good idea too along with the dreaded taxpayer funded birth control from PP for those smart enough to take evasive action.

Of course none of it matters because the right will continue to be unreasonable in claiming that welfare queens are the main drain on resources in this country and refuse to compromise on anything until they're so obsolete that what they think won't matter anymore. Then there will be no balance or check. It'll just be what the left wants all the time and the rich will eventually be picking up the vast majority of the tab for it.

15. You get to pay for the Bridge to Nowhere, the Bush tax cuts, and two wars fought on credit.

16. Straw man argument.

17. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

I wasn't arguing... Try again..:wavey:

18. Everyone on the right can afford cell phones. Not everyone on the left can. Is that your point?

19. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I think his point is that leaches lean left.....hard.