close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hypothetically Speaking.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Fwdftw, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    If i installed my dynacomp in a vice with shop towels holding it in there.. AND JUST SAY i hypotehtically gouged the barrel a little with a scratch.. How would one repair this? :whistling::whistling: The person that did this :whistling: doesnt care as its a shooter and not a wall hanger.. How would he prevent rust etc? High heat paint? The same he put on his gas block when he cut it down to make it Lo Pro? Just looking for advice.. it certainly wasnt me that did this :supergrin:

Picture
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I have never had rust on the bare spots that were under the FSB on any of my ARs. I'd just oil it and leave it alone.

3. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
  4. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

Oct 14, 2002
    Lake Charles
    Corrosion X works for us when we duck hunt with blued Remington 1100's in the salt marsh where salt spray and water dripping of of pirogue paddles gets salt water on everything.

5. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    This. I have scratches on my ARs and my issued M16-A1 was a mess. Just clean and oil.

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Obligatory: Dumbass.

Cold blue, aluminum black pen, high heat engine paint, stove/radiator paint, etc - any one of those should work. My vote would be the high heat engine or stove paint, personally.

7. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    Yup just did that plank.. this was a ***** to time with that crush washer.. i went just a hair over but im sure it will work fine? Yes? Order another washer and get it perfect?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    Alumablack should do the trick. Dispite the name it works on steel aswell. I put some on touch up spots that never realy see oil and see moisture at times. Havnt had a problem yet