close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Huntsville Gun Show

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by klatkcolg, Dec 19, 2009.

1. klatkcolg

klatkcolg

Sep 20, 2008
    Anyone go to the Huntsville show today? How was it?

2. feathers73

feathers73

May 21, 2007
    Southeast
    Not great. One guy from down south did have several Glocks at 499.

3. Cobra6

Cobra6

Jan 20, 2009
    Tennessee Valley
    I wanted to go, but I never can get over there the weekend before Christmas. They have it the same weekend every year, and there is always a lot happening. I am not sure if they schedule it that weekend in Huntsville because the turnout is not great or what. I thought there might be some deals on ammo.

I can sometimes catch the May or August show, but the shows there seem to get smaller every time I go, and the prices seem to be high.

Are the VPI shows better at Cullman or Florence?

4. bassmaster1974

bassmaster1974

Dec 29, 2009
    NE Alabama
    Missed the show this year.My fiance was NOT gonna give up any shopping time while we were in Huntsville.:upeyes:

5. Cobra6

Cobra6

Jan 20, 2009
    Tennessee Valley
    I actually wrote to VPI and told Brent that the weekend before Christmas stunk for the show - he said that the shows were scheduled at least a year ahead of time, and that he scheduled the shows so they didn't conflict with other shows in the state...
    So........... I guess the winter show in Huntsville will be stuck on the weekend before Christmas for a while - even though checking the state schedule, there aren't any shows in Alabama the week before that, but there is a Mid-South Guns and Gear Expo in Winchester, Tennessee. They have a lot of gear, clothes and other stuff, and my wife likes those much better.

The last time I went to one of those it was a pretty decent show, and Winchester is pretty close, so I am sure that is part of the conflict.